Help please

Snow Harley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone i took out a £10,000 loan with Universal in 1996.Paragon then took this over and i agreed reduced payments with them.I have had no contact from them for the last 8 years.last week they sent me a balance

stating that my Balance was over£25,000 dispite me paying them in the region of £22,000 since 1996.Would applying for my CCA be the best way forward.:confused:

Hi Took out £10,000 loan with Universal in 1996,Pargon took over 1998 agreed reduced payments.Had no contact with then over the last 8 years then last week recived a balance from them of£25,000 dispite paying then over £22,000 over the last 13 years.Would applying for my CCA the best way forward.Thanks.:confused:

Are you saying that you have not paid anything for the last 8 years or just paid reduced amounts for that period.

I would go straight for a SAR and the reclaim all the charges they have stung you for (on the asumption it isn't statute barred)

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

as posted on your other thread

Are you saying that you have not paid anything for the last 8 years or just paid reduced amounts for that period.

I would go straight for a Subject Access Request and the reclaim all the charges they have stung you for (on the asumption it isn't statute barred)

fox

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

A CCA request might bring you a copy of the agreement which may or may not be valid. If it's invalid you can legally stop paying until they supply a valid one. I don't recommend this route.

A SAR will bring back everything (hopefully) they have.

I suspect they didn't reduce or freeze the interest on the loan and quite possibly lots of charges on it.

Did you not receive any statements in this period?

Two threads merged.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Then I would definitely send a SAR:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca

Send with a £10 postal order.

Send Recorded Delivery and track it via the Royal Mail website

They have 40 days from receipt to respond.

Normally I wouldn't recommend signing the SAR but loads of these companies are now sending letters saying they won't comply until you sign so either use a digital sig or sign in your usual way but adapt it a little to make it positively identifiable and make a copy of your different signature.

• Haha 1

:confused:Hi everyone.Recevied SAR today from Paragon today.They have sent me copy of my CCA and loads of paperwork containing all my transaction since 1996.Unable to upload CCA has have no scanner at the moment but the maim parts are laid out as follows

Amount of Loan £10,000,00

Monthly Repayment £198.92

Current Rate of Interest 20.85% per annum

Annual Percentage Rate(APR) 22.90%

Estimated Number of Repayments 120

OPTIONAL PAYMENT PROTECTION

Monthly Repayment £35.81

Total Monthly Repayment £234.73

After reading about CCA am i right in thinking that there should have been

(1) Total amont payable including total amount of intrest

(2) The APR should be no more than 1% more than the current rate per annum, in this case it is 2.05%

(3)NO RIGHT TO CANCEL is not written in the Terms and Conditions

Hope to get some feedback

Got your PM.

Regarding T's&C's I'm afraid I'm not experienced enough to advise although I do think there should be a total amount payable.

Just a thought. Was this a variable interest loan? If that is the case they can't put a total amount as they wouldn't know the interest rates for the future. If it was a fixed rate loan, they would know the total amount.

Without a scan of the agreement, nobody can advise. Do you have a digital camera? If yes or you can get hold of one, let me know and I'll post a copy of a how to which will help post your pics.

While you sort that out, go through the statements and work out what charges are there, add interest and prepare a claim for a refund.

On your agreement, did you apply for PPI? Did they add it without your knowledge? At the time of agreement, were you self employed?

Best I can do I'm afraid.

fox

Right,

Try and light the pages so there is no glare and photograph from as directly above as possible then follow this how to I stole :)

It seems tricky at first, but is fairly simple really.

1, Scan your DCA letter/whatever you want to show on the forum.

Ideal setting is 100dpi as it's closest to computer monitor display resolution.

2, Save the scanned image as a jpeg

Step 2.5 Edit out any personal information, barcodes or any other comments, notes or markings around the edge of the document. Never change the original document you received

2.5, Load the saved image into MS Paint. (comes free with Windows.) Use the pain brush or spray can to remove/paint over any personal info, such as name, account number, address, etc. Also remove any barcodes, as some DCAs may be able to identify you from these.

3, Create an account on Photobucket.

4, Once you have a Photobucket account, you'll find on the main webpage little box where you can upload photos. Click the "upload image" box and then tell it where on your hard disk you saved your scanned jpeg. It will then upload the image to Photobucket and it will show you thumbnails of the images you have uploaded. Under each image there are links that you can copy and paste.

5, Copy the IMG link below the image you want to put on the forum. Then reply to thread on CAG. Right click with the mouse and select "paste" from the little menu that pops up.

6, You'll then get some text appear in your message that looks a bit like this.

imagename.jpg{\IMG

When you submit the reply, the text will change into the image you uploaded onto photobucket. The text you copied and pasted is just the information the forum needs, so it knows where to find your photo and display it in your message.

Courtesy of Fuzzybobble

------------------------------

If you get stuck, try saving as a pdf file and upload instead

fox

Been having a look around and found this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/162851-consumer-credit-agreements-guide.html#post1894837

Looking at your agreement, something doesn't look right. (apart from the right to cancel) I'm not experienced enough to spot it but this post will give it a bump anyway.