Cabot here we go

DEBANT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, latest news, Cabot have sent what they believe to be a signed agreement dateing back to 2001, We are dumfounded. The agreement looks to be an application for a credit card. We have no recolection of this , Spending some time now decideing where to go with this ,

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are well known for chasing this particular type of account i.e one where the debtor is unknown and they play pin the tail on the phone book ;-)

thanks for making me spit wine all over the laptop john!!!! very funny and very true.

Seriously, had this with muckhall 3 years ago. You will need to tell them to find another donkey using the very strongest terms 3-4 time before they go away... but they will go away. Just tell them in no uncertain terms I dont recognise this debt, prove I owe it - rinse and repeat - they will sod off and try to chase someone else pretty quick

This is one seriously strange case.

If this agreement is not yours, then someone has been very naughty indeed.

If it is yours, but there has been a period of six years during which time you have neither acknowledged the alleged debt in writing nor made any payment, the alleged debt will be barred under the Limitations Act.

It looks very much from the picture you have shown me that this is a pre-contractual application form devoid of the prescribed terms, which would be unenforceable at law.

The most interesting part is "your" signature. You say it is similar to yours? Did anyone at Crapbot ever have any access to a signature? Did you ever sign any letters?

SH

This is one seriously strange case.

If this agreement is not yours, then someone has been very naughty indeed.

The most interesting part is "your" signature. You say it is similar to yours? Did anyone at Crapbot ever have any access to a signature? Did you ever sign any letters?SH

In post 3 DEBANT says that Cabot asked her to write and sign her letter so they could make a comparison with any contract:eek:

Yup folks, I have never sent cabot a signature , We did move home 8wks after this so called signed agreement so do fear any post would have gone to our previous address ?There would not have been a forwarding address as we never heard of providian to tell them we had moved. The saga continues , Thanks all for your comments , big thankyou to SH , Any ideas always appreciated, I want to write to cabot of all these concerns but not sure of the best phrases , lingo of how to put it, its one long scenario

Just an interseting point to add

Both my partner and I started receiveing letters from cabot at the same time ?neither of us knew anything about the credit cards stated ? It was a bolt out of the blue ! The strange thing is , we have just changed our morgage and a few weeks into the morgage application was when we started receiving these letters, a lot of signed paper work did go on during the morgage change process ?. might be something of nothing but that was the only change in our year by year financial outgoings. Coincidence ? Any views

Just a note , When we changed our morgage (for a better rate ) the usual credit searches were done and nothing came back which showed as any bad debt and the application went without a hitch .

Yup folks, I have never sent cabot a signature , We did move home 8wks after this so called signed agreement so do fear any post would have gone to our previous address ?There would not have been a forwarding address as we never heard of providian to tell them we had moved. The saga continues , Thanks all for your comments , big thankyou to SH , Any ideas always appreciated, I want to write to cabot of all these concerns but not sure of the best phrases , lingo of how to put it, its one long scenario

The way to word it is that you do not acknowledge and debt and until the provide you with definitive legally enforceable proof then you will not correspond further. Tell them to either prove it or put the matter before a district judge (county court) and show him/her proof that you owe them money. Point out that the matter is disputed and that they are not legally entitled to pass the matter to a third party in any capacity until the dispute is resolved. Basically you need to be firm and word it as strong as you can without quite resorting to 4 letter words.

These muppets see any form of civility as weakness to exploit

Just an interseting point to add

Both my partner and I started receiveing letters from cabot at the same time ?neither of us knew anything about the credit cards stated ? It was a bolt out of the blue ! The strange thing is , we have just changed our morgage and a few weeks into the morgage application was when we started receiving these letters, a lot of signed paper work did go on during the morgage change process ?. might be something of nothing but that was the only change in our year by year financial outgoings. Coincidence ? Any views

I guess that you know that up until last year signatures relating to Mortgage Deeds were openly shown on the Land Registry website!

There was a hue and cry over this matter and the Land Registry had to remove them.

AC

• Haha 1

Looks like Barclays was involved somwehere in this!

Cabot buy bucket loads of distressed debt from Barclays:

Barclays sells credit card unit Monument | Reuters

If it were me, I would demand that Cabot prove it!

Or, you can just ignore them?

I would also be most interested to see the Deed of Sale/Deed of Assignment.

Remember, when these DCA debt buyers buy their buckets of LEMONS, they are not provided with any details.

In any event, whoever is the correct debtor in relation to this massive LEMON;

Cabot havn't got a hope in hell.

Tell them to get st*ffed.

CHANCERS!

AC

Thats interesting , I have not mentioned Barclays in my thread and you come up with that name, Guess who our morgage is with and thats when this issue began, Its adding new thoughts to this thread now , Cheers AC

Like an insider passing info to Cabot , ie names addresses etc and then this being used to obtain money, ? Surely this wouldn`t happen would it ?. I again state we never had, or heard of , or applied for any credit cards and it only started when we switched morgage lender. Ssssstrange , The deeper we delv into his it looks like some deception going on.

If you know nothing of these debts make a complaint to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct Consumer Direct - Contact us and email the OFT [email protected]

Follow the site team's advice!

The telephone number for Consumer Direct is 08454 04 05 06, they will direct you to your local Trading Standards, who need to investigate this serious matter.

AC

Well, received a letter from CCS debt collecting company today stateing they are no longer chaseing this debt and have removed all our details from their records. Just Cabot to go now.

I know its against advise previuosly given but we have written to Cabot for more info on the suggested debt so we can pass it onto the police for further investigation into criminal activity. They either come up with this info or forget the debt !

In my experience the police are only interested in two types of crime

1) on the spot fines

2) sending you to court for a bigger fine

Seriously though forget the Police route - unless you want to waste a day of your life getting nowhere fast. Tell Cabot its not my debt so sod off or prove it is my debt then ignore them