OPC - Ingress Park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read the previous posts about OPC and the tactics private companies...but would still like to run this past everyone.

My wife and I moved into Ingress Park about a month ago, and we have one allocated bay for our two-bedroom flat. We were told by the previous tenant that the other car could park in the visitors bays without any problem. Today, 5 weeks later for the first time - my wife received a parking ticket at 3am for parking in a visitor's bay. The property management company were supposed to give us "scratchcard" visitor's parking permits (at a limit of 10 per month) - but we have not received any.

My wife is nervous about not paying OPC, but I am outraged simply because we have not been issued with the appropriate parking permits, and because the management company have not taken into account households with more than one car. The underground car park in question is never full, and has plenty of visitor parking bays.

What should we do? I am sorely tempted to tell them to stuff it. We are both NHS workers, commuting to various hospitals at all hours - which of course doesn't excuse us from obeying the rules - but I can't see why OPC don't have a list of residents to check against anyone parking in visitor's bays. Well, actually I do see why - they want to make money.

But anyway - to be frank - do we ignore the ticket, and any subsequent tickets? Or pay up? I partly feel like we should have been proactive and this is our fault, but part of me thinks OPC are just out for money. We never signed anything with our letting agency, or landlord to say we would be at the mercy of OPC. It's put a downer on our new move to be honest. Would appreciate all comments...

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jeeves

Exactly same boat from you, we moved into the Bridge 10 mins away from you and the estate agent lied to our faces about parking. The parking enforcements come into play in a couple of weeks.

Ignore the invoice, it's not a ticket and they can't fine you. Bridge are copying exactly what your site and waterstone are doing. 10 visitor passes a month??? Are you not allowed to have friends over often? It's a joke and I hate these developments with a passion.

I regret the day I moved to this place!

I love CAG!

Thanks for your help guys!

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat Lihi, my wife has already uttered words to the effect that she wants to move next year without a doubt due to this. It's a shame as the development is nice - it's just that they ballsed up the parking. Why can't they just use common sense? I wouldn't be opposed to paying for a residents permit that allowed me to park in any bay.

Anyway - I am happy for a fight, so my wife is going to park in our allocated bay and she has told me to knock myself out and get as many tickets as I like!

Hi Jeeves

Now my rant is over and I can see through the red I'll try and help you out some more.

I've attached a doc which is produced and managed by our local council which lists every public road under their management. Unfortunately it's listed by road so you will have to check every road individually. PPC's cannot cover roads which are in this doc, if they do phone the parking office at DBC who will blow them out of the water. I can't remember exactly when IP was finished but it takes about 5/6 years from completion until it's passed over to the LA.

Also, what's the signage like in your carpark where you're being issued with these invoices? Take photo's now ASAP preferably with the date in the corner and keep hold of them, keep taking photo's regularly, noting any changes in signage. Double check your tenancy contract and info and make sure you keep hold of them indefinitely in the event debt collection cretins rear their ugly heads in a few years.

It's unlikely the invoices will go further than letters but just in case they do it's good to keep a record.

Good luck!!

KentHighwaysGazetteerreportAugust09.pdf

I love CAG!

If you receive a ticket from an Independent Enforcement Agency, you have two options:

1. Pay immediately and discharge your liability

2. Lodge an appeal

If you clearly broke the rules, then option 1 is the best for all concerned.

Ignoring your financial responsibilities as suggested above is a very rash thing to do, and will only land you in front of a judge in the end.

Absolute [EDIT]

Edited by Rooster-UK
Language, Timothy!

Hi Lihi,

I thought I replied earlier but must have forgotten to press submit...doh.

Found my road on the document you helpfully provided, so that is reassuring.

I also took some photos immediately - it was only when I was actually taking the pictures around the car park that I realised the signage was terrible. The only clear signs were three disabled parking signs, otherwise there is no clear signs saying you cannot park in a visitor's bay if you are not a resident. In fact, no signs at all saying you can't park there. So glad I took the pictures.

Sorry Albert, but if I pay OPC and discharge my liability they will return at 3am on another night and ticket either my wife/me for parking in the underground car park where we rent our flat. I can't afford £50 a day for parking, so I think I will just explain it to the judge - if it ever came down to it.

If you receive a ticket from an Independent Enforcement Agency, you have two options:

2. Lodge an appeal

Ignoring your financial responsibilities as suggested above is a very rash thing to do, and will only land you in front of a judge in the end.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There's always someone to come along most weekends to brighten up a dull day. I guess the PPCs don't work in the office at weekends so that's why they find time to post their jokes on here.

2. Lodge an appeal

Dear Albert's post is all the proof anyone could ever want that you should never ever appeal. Thank you Albert for making it so clear to everyone. Nice to have you on our side.

The funny thing is that Albert/Wayne/Tom/Dick/Harry does such an appalling job of trolling, it's utterly pointless - unless it's for our amusement.

Your rhetoric just shouts 'scamster'. If you really want to dupe people, I'd look at rewriting your posts so they sound genuine.

Albert Springer has LEFT......... the building!

;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

How funny. What a shame I missed Albert.

Anyway Jeeves, don't pay!! Don't forget I know where you live!! :D

Give the parking office a call at DBC, the lady I spoke to was matter of fact but very helpful.

The fact there is zero signage means they have no chance if they took it to court, don't shout at them too loud about it just in case they're tempted to put up signs. Just ignore them. Seriously, if there's no signage how are you expected to know there are restrictions. Complete jobsworths. Just claim ignorance if nothing has been signed on with your name on.

Funny thing is they'll do the exact the same thing here, they won't be putting up signage but they'll start and continue to invoice.

I love CAG!

I'm not going to pay! I refuse! Plus, you know where I live...:p

Will give DBC a call when I can, but I'm so pleased I found this site and everyone on it who reassured me through their help. It's outrageous that this goes on, and this site is a total blessing to let people know they aren't breaking any laws and are being the victims of a huge con.

I am now parking in one of the many empty visitor spots, and awaiting my first ticket...with pleasure.

Hello, all, I too live in the the recently named private estate. The vehicle registered to me received a PCN last night for parking in a visitor bay (the horror). How stupid of me to think it was reasonable to clear my garage and under the stairs cupboard! The charge notice had actually fallen off in the rain. I have lived here for three years now, and it has gradually got worse and worse. If you actually walk around the estate, you will notice the ratio of visitor bays vastly outweighs non-visitor bays, so in essence, there are probably over a hundred vacant bays by that rationale.

I also have not received any temporary permits. I tried getting some, but lets just say the site management is poor to say the least, and did not help. Do you think they actually want people to live here??

Jeeves, you must be near me so you will probably see the vast amounts of tickets on the cars leading out of the estate on the average morning. Do u think any of these neighbours are spending £50 a day to park outside their house? unlikely! You are in good (and vast) company!!

I am also living on the same development, have been for a month and a half. I haven't heard anything about getting hold of parking permits...was wodnering if you knew how to get them.

I guess that if they don't make it easy to have a permit people will park in the VP bays and they get to ticket them...

Thanks

Hi Bells

I am also living on the same development, have been for a month and a half. I haven't heard anything about getting hold of parking permits...was wodnering if you knew how to get them.

I guess that if they don't make it easy to have a permit people will park in the VP bays and they get to ticket them...

Thanks

Would assume your management company directly if you own, if you rent speak to your landlord. The management company (if as charming as mine) may refuse to issue you with anything as you're not know on their 'systems'.

I love CAG!

Hello, all, I too live in the the recently named private estate. The vehicle registered to me received a PCN last night for parking in a visitor bay (the horror). How stupid of me to think it was reasonable to clear my garage and under the stairs cupboard! The charge notice had actually fallen off in the rain. I have lived here for three years now, and it has gradually got worse and worse. If you actually walk around the estate, you will notice the ratio of visitor bays vastly outweighs non-visitor bays, so in essence, there are probably over a hundred vacant bays by that rationale.

I also have not received any temporary permits. I tried getting some, but lets just say the site management is poor to say the least, and did not help. Do you think they actually want people to live here??

Jeeves, you must be near me so you will probably see the vast amounts of tickets on the cars leading out of the estate on the average morning. Do u think any of these neighbours are spending £50 a day to park outside their house? unlikely! You are in good (and vast) company!!

Hi Mickey

Did it really receive a PCN (issued from council employed/contracted wardens) or is it an invoice from a private parking company?

Same advice to you as Jeeves, go and take photos in the close vicinity surrounding where you received the 'love letter' for future reference. Let us know what you find.

I love CAG!

Well 2 tickets so far...I thought I might collect them all and one day just plaster the outside of my car in them and see what the "warden" who turns up to ticket my car again would do...probably give me another ticket.:rolleyes:

Anyway, Bells999 - my wife says the number for OPC to get permits (or rather to get the form you have to fill in to get the permits) is - 0844 2640 711. My wife says the woman on the end is very rude if you ask her for backdated permits. We got the letter today that we need to fill in - but we aren't, because in the letter it states:

"By signing and returning the letter you acknowledge and accept the parking regulations being introduced. No permits will be issued to any household/dwelling unless OPC have in its possession a signed copy of the letter by the resident concerned. All further permits that are issued will be issued using the details provided."

So basically - we thought we are better off not signing it, and not getting any permits. It might be a worry for our genuine visitors if they get a ticket, but once we explain it to them - they aren't going to care.

And mickey, I did see a long line of cars ticketed once when I first moved in. But when I drove home yesterday - I was disappointed to see all the Visitors bays empty down the main street. So maybe some people are being fooled?

you are correct. they are clearly trying to contract you. Plus if they had a valid contract with already they wouldn't need that term. Buts that is just their offer, you can counter offer by sending it back with your own ammendments, that includes deletions and additions. some fun there of you want but not probably not worth the effort. warn all your neighbours about that form. as they are making unilateral they have no chance anyway even if signed. but I still wouldn't sign it. OPC like all PPCs seems not to grasp the basics, oh thats right of the grasped the basics they would go out of business :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am a resident of one of the mentioned estates.

Im suprised by some of the comments.....how frustrating it is to finally be able to have visitors park on the estate and not have people blocking access to shared areas or infront of our gagrages/drives....i dont share the same view actually.

The problem is people dont accept responsibility. When i bought the property i checked my paperwork and it stated there were to be (if the management company chose) parking restrictions, unlike many others i suspect.

There are just too many cars per household, this allowance is not set by crest or peverel, but the government as a way to reduce cars on the road. Its frustrating but it is what it is.

The fact there is a parking problem and friends/visitors cant get into parking bays is partly down to the same people using these bays rather than their own gargages/parking and funnily enough now the tickets have come into force you can now park as there is ample vp's......funny that....where have all the cars gone then.....???

If you dont own and were told you could park where you liked by a previous resident, sorry but thats not correct, if i told you you could shoplift, it wouldnt mean that you could........

I could place a bet that 95% of people complaining are people who have more cars than their own parking allowance and are causing an inconvenience to the rest of the resident who do obey the parking regulations and need the vp's for their visitors!!!