Whatever Happens Hoover Replacement

Rhysode
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I purchased a Hoover about 3 years ago and also their "Whatever Happens" cover. To cut a long story short the Hoover packed up and was sent away for repair and then subsequently lost.

2 months later they have sent a letter saying we can have a replacement model but I have bought a new one since. They say I can go into store and collect it but I don't need it, the value of the new hoover is £115.

Would they let me spend on anything else in store up to that amount seeing as I don't need another hoover?

Thanks in advance:)

In short, your guarantee was a repair or replace guarantee. You could request vouchers to spend in store, although I've never had this issue before so I'm not sure how they'd react.

Technically they're still keeping your money, in exchange for another item, so I can't see from the companies view why they'd deny you vouchers. Unless the hoover was ordered in specially in which case it'd be an inconvenience to the store to have a special order sat around they'd have to then put on display and sell as a display item.

Best bet is to ring the store, see if when you collect the hoover they'll return the hoover unopened for store credit, no reasonable store would have a problem with this.