Two "PCN"s in one week - one real, one snidey...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I drive around 500 miles a week for work, in and around SE London. In the two years of doing this I havent had so much as a cross look from a traffic warden but now I get 2 bloody tickets within a week!!!

PCN 1:

Bromley council have sent me a possible £120 fine for driving in a bus lane. The road in question is a nightmare - i do it every day: there are two lanes - the LH one, with a bus lane that ends at the bus stop and then maybe 100m of clear road going straight on to a junction. The RH lane is a Right Turn only lane which is NOT a bus lane. [see : Snipr | Snipurl - Peek of a URL someone shared with you.. ]

Every day I try to avoid the bus lane for as long as possible but it is almost impossible to get back into the LH lane because of a] buses parked up on it, or B] the amount of other cars that ignore the bus lane completely and treat it as a normal "Ahead only" lane. On this occasion I saw that a bus was about to pull out from the stop and dropped into the lane behind him so that I could then follow him towards the junction.

As I did so, he switched off his indicators and then just sat at the stop leaving me now trapped behind him. Two changes of lights later he had still not moved. Silently fuming the whole time, I tried to indicate to pull out again but was ignored by the traffic on my right. Eventuually the traffic died and I managed to get around the bus, shooting the driver a withering look as I went past. That look has probably cost me this ticket. Am I bang to rights? Can I make a case against this Notice?

To me, it's a bloody typical example of council jobsworth-ism and little more than legalised piracy. :evil: I began to write an appeal based on the above when it dawned on me that I am not the registered keeper - my ex partner still is [long story] ...should i first get her to write explaining this, then wait for them to write to me personally? If so, will the 28 day discount limit start from the date I receive the letter to the keeper, or the new letter to the driver [ME!]? Or... should I just write to them with the scant and subjective excuses I have outlined above :confused: and take it on the chin? If I am going to get done for this I at least want the b---ards to have to work for their money!!! :-x

"PCN"2:

Id just gotten over the shock and rage of receiving PCN1 above when I received ANOTHER one. This time from a bunch of scouse cowboys called Civil Enforcement Ltd. This is what led me to your site, as I googled them, knowing there must pages of complaints about them. I then found your templates for dealing with private car parks... thank you!! :wink: However, the "offence" they cite on the ticket is being parked from 10am to 4pm at a small customer car park at my local co-op. This is patently ridiculous as they would have clamoped me long before it got to 4pm and anyway I only work around the corner, and we have off-street parking! I also have about 12 witnesses who can confirm that I WAS parked outside of work all day.

I am very happily using your first "keeper/not driver" letter which I can send in my ex's name [we still get on so she will be ok with this!] At some later date tho, is it worth going to the trouble of making my case properly [in my own name] - providing photos, witness statements etc? If I was to state the reasons why I thought the ticket was incorrect, could I still go on to use the other letters? Or am I missing some subtle point of law that only lets the keeper/non-driver take this approach.

Any advice you can give me about these two events will be so gratefully received, I am on a low income with two young kids and I quite literally CANNOT afford to pay these fines.

Many many thanks again for all the work you guys do on here and the support you offer to strangers, it is really heartening to know.

Lee

For number 2, ignore completely. Do not contact them at all - thinking you can engage with the con artists means falling for the first part of the [problem]. They WANT you to contact them so they can weigh you up. Ignoring everything means they go away quicker.

For number 1, have you got a Google maps link to the overhead layout? And can you scan and post your PCN?