Shop Direct

Tigger69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I've been sitting reading through loads of thread, given myself a headache :confused: so please excuse me if I've posted this in the wrong place, but could someone help me please?

I have 3 accounts under the shop direct umbrella, Littlewoods Kays and Very, I'm behind in payments with one and have payments sitting in my bank account which i have not paid yet which will be due in a couple of days. I can not remember ever signing a credit agreement when i opened any of these accounts years ago and i can't remember exactly when it was, in case it makes a difference. Anyway Littlewoods have declined a recent order because I am one payment late with Very (my original reason for visiting this goldmine of info) I am now thinking if i go down the CCA route and send all three of them letters to see if they are enforceable credit agreements or even exist?

If so do I continue to struggle to meet the min monthly repayments?

Will they report to Credit reference agencies and will this effect my ability for future credit

What are the worst case consequences?

Once again I must apologise but just starting out on a DLA appeal which has also taken its toll on my old mushed up brain.

So if anyone could advise me then that would be fantastic. Thanks

Hi Tigger & welcome to CAG :D

Yes, send CCA requests to them with £1.00 for each account. Do not sign, only print your name. Recorded delivery.

Strictly speaking, you should make a payment until they either confirm no CCA exists or they exceed the 12 + 2 days. You may only be able to pay £1 on each a/c though so that's all they can have.

Good luck & shout if you get stuck.

Hi.

I used to work for Littlewoods which then turned into Shop Direct with its masses of catalogues. Now unless you signed the credit agreement (which they would have sent you about 2 weeks or so after you opened your acc). They wont have one. They only send them out once...no reminders or anything. (however Littlewoods did use to send theirs out and mask it as a "sign this to get your comissiom" form, so you may well have signed one for the Littlewoods one without even knowing it.

You should think yourself lucky a few months of none payment and your accounts will go to debt collectors, as my 6 (lol) accounts are all classed as staff accounts they stay at shop direct forever and just amass interest and late payment charges until I pay or the 6yr statute runs out. They hope I pay I KNOW I am waiting until statute barred.

:D:D

Hi minmac Thanks for your reply.

I don't ever remember signing for commission either, however that does not mean I haven't but I suppose time will tell.

Sorry to hear you've 6 accounts, dunno how you deal with it, I'm stressed with 3.

I am very weary of the consequences of going through this, especially dca and don't want to knack my credit file up but on the other hand I am sick of being intimidated by these companies.

I have 2 shop direct accounts,

Littlewoods direct and choice,

Applied for the cca for both accounts , they admitted they never had the original cca"s , and sent me a copy of what one would have looked like

Choice then wrote saying they wont persue the alledged debt:)

but littlewoods direct not been quiet as charitable and still trying it on via ndr debt collectors,

Cant understand why they have thrown the towel in on the choice account but still trying to persue the littlewoods one,but not worried, no cca = no enforcement action :D

Hi dizzyblonde.

That is a bit weird especially as Littlewoods refused a order because my payment is 10 days late with Very so they obviously consider all the accounts together, from what I have been reading they seem to pick and choose what they do when it suits. As you say tho they have no cca so they can not enforce:D hope mine is the same but knowing my luck:eek:. Time will tell. Hope they give up soon for you.

• 1 month later...

A quick update and Help! please

I have sent CCA's on the 3rd October to all 3 of the catalogues, according to Royal mail online track and trace, the letters are still being progressed through their system, tried to phone Royal mail but can't seem to get to speak to a human:mad: Did email them but still waiting for a reply!

Littlewoods have phoned once but I refused to confirm my details, so they are putting a letter in the post.

Very have been phoning up to 10 times a day, most of the time I don't answer, when I do I refuse to confirm the details and have told them numerous times to put whatever they want to say in writing. Only for them to ring back half n hour later. Answered the phone to them 4 times today and they have told me I HAVE to phone the customer service line as they have something to discuss which can not be done in writing:eek:. They are going to send me a letter requesting I phone customer services. Anyone had this tactic from Very before?

The only letters I have had recently are arrears letters and letters to refuse the token payment.

Do I presume Royal Mail have delivered the CCA letters or do I send them off again? :confused:

In answer to my above question:) I have this morning a reply from Littlewoods and Kays both in reply to my CCA request. Kays I opened the account apparently 28/12/2001, they have sent me a copy of a credit agreement for extended terms promotion dated July 24th 2006, signed by myself and another sheet for a fixed sum loan agreement, states the items I bought signed and dated 27/12/07.

Littlewoods have sent a letter the account was opened 11/02/2005 and two copies of what says is a credit agreement dated and signed 26/11/05. The ? credit agreement? for littlewoods states rates of interest is fixed at 0% - yet I pay interest on this account:confused:

Can someone give me their first impression's on these? I will ask hubby to scan them in for me later if anyone can help and tell me if these are enforceable.

Answered the phone to them 4 times today and they have told me I HAVE to phone the customer service line as they have something to discuss which can not be done in writing:eek:.

Makes you wonder why they don't want to put it in writing ;)

In answer to my above question:) I have this morning a reply from Littlewoods and Kays both in reply to my CCA request. Kays I opened the account apparently 28/12/2001, they have sent me a copy of a credit agreement for extended terms promotion dated July 24th 2006, signed by myself and another sheet for a fixed sum loan agreement, states the items I bought signed and dated 27/12/07.

Littlewoods have sent a letter the account was opened 11/02/2005 and two copies of what says is a credit agreement dated and signed 26/11/05. The ? credit agreement? for littlewoods states rates of interest is fixed at 0% - yet I pay interest on this account:confused:

Can someone give me their first impression's on these? I will ask hubby to scan them in for me later if anyone can help and tell me if these are enforceable.

Scans of each would be best for the knowledgeable bods to have a look :)

Thanks for your reply mkb:)

My thoughts exactly! Least they haven't phoned today... YET:lol:

Ok will get them scanned as soon as possible, me and the scanner are not friends ;) so will have to wait for hubby to come home from work.

Thanks again mkb

In all honesty I haven't got a clue, if these are enforceable. The CCA they have sent are for individual purchases during the time I have had the accounts. The kays account was opened in 2001 the CCA they have provided are for individual purchases made in 2006 and 2007 both of these are paid. Still owe money to them though for other purchases.

Littlewoods CCA from what I have read on other threads seems to be ok but I would really apreciate someone checking for me as i'm out of my debth.

Strange i opened an account with Littlewoodsarround the same time as u in 2005 and they sent me nothing.

Anyway is there any proof these are for individual purches rather than the whole account?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thank you for your help Godmother

Sorry its the first two which are Littlewoods. Taking a guess I think these are enforceable? But I'm not sure.

The second two are for Kays which are for itemised purchases Their is a another sheet which has the purchases listed and both say on the top extended terms promotion. So i am wondering if this is questionable as its not for the whole account?

Would really apreciate any help!

In regards to the kays i would say its rather questionable if the rest of the account is valid if the ccas they have provided are for specific items.

As long as you can prove those are paid off then there should not be an issue.

other than that yes they do look enforcable.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks God mother I did think Littlewoods was.

Kays confused me because its for extended terms and wasn't sure if this would be used as a enforceable agreement on all my purchase previous and since I signed this one to cover the extended terms.

Since i signed this in 2006 and it was for 100 weeks I would presume their paid for but would have to double check my statements to be sure.

Thanks again for your help, it makes such a difference.