style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there a reason you're considering offering a F&F for these debts now when nothing has been paid for so long (assuming they haven't been acknowledged).

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BRIGADIER2JCS : the credit report I have is from Equifax.

Caro: I want to get my credit rating in shape in the quickest possible way and also to ensure that there is no comeback in the future.

Hope it explains all :)

It would appear that in roughly 18 months most of your defaults will be gone. Paying a f&f now is unlikely to speed that up IMHO. The overdraft is less clear cut.

Were these all taken out before 2007?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I agree, depending on if pressure is being put on from any DCAs, 1st Credit are known for attempting 'late' court action' so keep an eye on that.

Building a credit profile as said 3-6 years good ++ credit management is the only way, in around 12 months time try apply for a low limit credit builder credit card, use it carefully and pay balance in full every month, do Not make multiple applications and keep monitoring your CRA files.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

OK, thank you for the advice so far. Back on a proper computer and can type a bit easier now.

The report is from Equifax from last week.

What I am basically trying to work out if whether to let the debts fall off my credit report and build up my credit again. What bothers me is, that if I’m right the debt can still be chased after it has dropped off and whether any further action can be taken against me after it has dropped off, i.e. CCJ’s etc.

If further action could be taken, would I not be better off requesting F&F and protecting what rating I have and then building on it?

In answer to some earlier questions.

Lloyds Current Acc./ Capquest: Last Financial Transaction? Is the an authorised overdraft ?

Yes, this was an overdraft.

M&S Credit card/ 1st Credit/not on file (which CRA do you use) Poss already removed after 6 years, any payments made to 1st Credit at anytime or to anyone else?

Just to clarify I haven’t made any payments to 1st Credit or anyone else.

Many thanks again,

M

OK for clarification the date an entry is removed (a defaulted account) is the 6th Anniversary of the default date.

This does not necessarily mean that the debt is then statute barred = SB. 6 clear years with no relevant contact, payment or unequivocal written admission of liability.

This means the creditor cannot recover the debt via the courts, however it does still exist and remains collectable.

But the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 updated Nov. 2012 Appendix B states:

'that (the OFT) considers that it is unfair vto press for payment (of a SB debt) once the debtor has informed the creditor (or DCA) that the debt is statute barred and they will not make payment, to continue to do so may amount to harassment'.

I look in again later M with some ideas.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a number of debts which will go SB in a few months. Having checked my Credit Report, these debts are in dispute with previous DCA and not the ones of my Credit Report.

Should I send a letter in advance to these DCA's warning them the debts are in dispute with other DCA's?

Thanks in advance,

M

No.

how are you timing the SB dates?

if you've made no contact in all this time i'd keep quiet.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you mean 6yrs...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Depends on the history and the dispute.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Just want to check something.

If i say, have a default date 1/4/2008, am I right in believing that although the debt can still be chased it will drop of my credit report after 2/4/2014 and no longer be counted as a debt?

Many thanks in advance,

M

Debts disappear from CRA files on sixth anniversary but the debts themselves still exist. As you say, they can be chased, unless they have reached statute bar date when you can send letter [see cag library] to stop them contacting you further. Don't do it until you are absolutely certain about the date.

Not necessarily. That's why I said to be absolutely certain. Some people get duped into making further payments under threats of dire consequences after they've already defaulted, or they could acknowledge in correspondence.

• 1 year later...

Write to them recorded delivery and inform them that the debt statute barred and they are therefore prevented by CONC from taking any further action in relation to it. Tell them that unless they have some evidence to show that it is not statute barred, then if they continue to take action that you will complain to the ombudsman and eventually to the FCA

Personally, IMO, I'd ignore them, and if they ever felt they had a solid case and took court action, then you have the ultimate defence, and have wasted them time and their precious money!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 5 years later...

Hello,

Just like some advice on what to do.

I'm getting letters, calls and apparent visits from a company called Resolvecall for a debt that has been statute barred since August 2016.

It is one of these debts that has been passed from company to company.

Many thanks,

M

A DCA is not a BAILIFF

And have ZERO legal powers 

Have you moved since taking this credit out and not informed the original creditor nor resolve call's stated client, of your correct address?

Dx

and they