style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

One of my lovelycollectors gace refused to answer a letter requesting information under the CCA act on 197, saying I should make the request directly to the client who they are working for.

Does the responsibility lie with them to answer the request or the client?

Many thanks in advance

M

1st credit use LCS solicitors, Connought use Judge & Preistely solicitors.

But as mentioned before 1st credit and connoughts are in cahoots with each other.

If they have failed to supply anything in responce to your CCA request them send 1st Credit, the 'account in dispute' letter

Then do nothing until such time as they do comply or the initiate court action.

Do make a complaint to TS and OFT about these clowns, they are already under investigation

I have got a letter that I sent to JP's somewhere regarding the exact same curcumstances. I see if I can find it and post it up in a bit.

Is this for a Barclaycard debt?

Edited by alfwithhair

edit this to suit

got shut of them for me

remember do not sign the letter, print name or use electronic signiture

Judge & Priestley Solicitors

Justin House

6 West Street

Bromley

Kent

BR1 1JN

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam

Your Ref: xxxxx

Your Client/s: 1st Credit Limited/Connaught Collections UK Ltd

I refer to your letter dated xxxxx, which was received today.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to remind a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions surrounding my Consumer Credit Agreement request (Consumer Credit Act, 1974); received by xxxx on xxxxx. I can only assume therefore that your client failed to inform you.

Should your client now persist with threats of legal action as stated in your letter, despite the matter being currently investigated by the OFT and Trading Standards, I will welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several offences committed by 1st CREDIT LTD/Connaught Collections UK Ltd under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for the law on this occasion.

Yours faithfully,

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Please could anyone point me in the direction of a letter template I could use for a debt collector chasing a loan debt, similiar to the CCA letter sent for credit card debts.

Many thanks in advance,

M

same thing!

give us more info

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, you certainly can. I would only not use it if the loan was secured but with unsecured loans it's fine. What year is the loan from?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

On the 24th December a debt collector sent me a Final Demand, which was their first letter to me. They gave me until 31st December to pay but the letter reached me by 2nd Class post on 5th January. Debt Collector did not take bank holidays in to consideration.

Immediately I sent the debt collector a letter requesting the CCA etc, but today I have received a letter from their solicitor informing me, that they will be taking out a CCJ.

Have not had a chance yet to check when my letter was received but does anyone have any advice what steps to take now.

Many thanks in advance,

M

Did you send a formal request for the CCA i.e. quoting S77/78 of the CCA1974 & providing a £1.00 fee? And did you send it by Rec Del so you could check if they had received it?

If so, they have 12+2 days to send it to you after which time they are in default & are not supposed to take any further action until the CCA request has been fulfilled. This doesn't mean they won't. :(

However no-one can obtain a CCJ against you without applying to the court & you may, in due course, receive a POC. You must acknowledge service of this & can defend it but it has to be done within a set time scale. Of course, it's possible that the sols. are just threatening you but that & the final demand letter giving you insufficient time to pay will be one of the points to mention in your defence ;)

I suggest that you wait & see if an agreement is produced and/or a claim issued then post up in the appropriate forum for the debt you are defending eg. Barclays for Barclaycard etc. You will see the full listing here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/#consumer-forums-center-bank

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.