HFC piles on the pressure

monkeymad1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have just realised that I have made a mistake.

The copy letter from HFC that attached to my post yesterday did not include the second page!. I now attach a copy of their full letter and would appreciate any comments you may have.

HFC seem to be hardening their attitude towards me. They have admitted that at least two of the previous consolidated loans had PPI on them but they are refusing to agree that the PPI was missold! Can anyone suggest an appropiate reply?

HFC have also conveniently forgotton to reply to my request for confirmation that default, administration and penalty charges have not been included on the outstanding balance.

I have also noticed that HFC have now closed my loan account although they have sent me neither or a termination notice of Notice of Assignment to a DCA. They have mentioned that this loan is currently being administered by Restons, solicitors although the last correspondance that I received from them was many months ago. Anyway, as the loan is in dispute I cannot see how they can take enforcement action against me at this time.

HFC state that any refund of PPI will be credited to my loan account towards settlement of the outstanding balance due to them. How can they do this when they have stated in their letter that they have closed my loan account?

Furthermore, HFC have used a lower rate of interest to calculate the current amount outstanding to the one stated on the original agreement.

Following dx100uk's advice I have today made a complaint to the FOS and I have also submitted a SAR to HFC.

Once again, I would appreciate any further advice you feel able to provide and any suggested letters to send to HFC in reply.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that second part is both useful to me and nothing to worry about.

that is exactly what HFC have done to me.

please dont be fooled by them, what they have done [by improperly closing the A/C - they have given no default notice? and no notice of termination?, AND have done so with in a period of 'dispute' ] really puts them on the backfoot.

the ONLY thing they can now get back is ARREARS and i don't think they can do that anyhow. [not my game sadly - but i dont think it is correct that they get back ANYTHING, because of the way they closed it]

as for the ppi repayment, i would need to see the figures, but they certainly cannot now use that to pay anyone bar you.

now these other A/C's same as me , we have no psaperwork? but we say its correct! no refund, the rest of the letter is exactly the same as mine as to their 'reasoning' ... crap!

have you done spreadsheets for all your A/C upon the reclaim figures, if not that is your next step

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanx dx100uk,

It is interesting to see that HFC use the same approach with all their customers. Good customer service!!!!!!

Have not yet done the spreadsheet, will work on it tomorrow.

Restons have made no effort to contact me ever since I sent them the CAG letter about the CCA request to HFC in Dec 2009. They obviously realise that this account is in dispute and that they can do little at this time.

It will be interesting to see what happens next now that I have submitted a SAR to HFC.

Do you think it is worth my while writing back to HFC in reply to their letter?

yep i'd do the spreadsheets

and write back

here suck on this HFC.

the next one you'll get is total ignorance of your spreadsheets and they will say its their final response.

oh and dont get fooled by the FSA bit, or whom ever they state, go to FOS.

i wish i had the time to push mine, i might just do it now there are other with me.

there is no thread on it, but again one might well appear

ps if you wanthelp with the sheets pm me copies of the agreements.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanx dx100uk,

I will pm the spreadsheet to you once I can find time to prepare one. Unfortunately work gets in the way!!!!!!!

Interestingly, when I got home from work last night I found a statement had arrived in the post from Beneficial Bank (HFC) which shows that the current balance on my loan is £1,000 less than the amount stated in their letter replying to my PPI claim!!!!!!

• 1 year later...
Thanx dx100uk,

I will pm the spreadsheet to you once I can find time to prepare one. Unfortunately work gets in the way!!!!!!!

Interestingly, when I got home from work last night I found a statement had arrived in the post from Beneficial Bank (HFC) which shows that the current balance on my loan is £1,000 less than the amount stated in their letter replying to my PPI claim!!!!!!

hi all,sorry that I have not posted an update for sometime.Following the advice of dx100uk I asked HFC for a detailed explanation as to how they had calculated the refund of PPI. This was in March 2010 and surprise, surprise, HFC have not had the coutesy of replying. Since March 2010 I have not heard anything from HFC then yesterday I received a letter from Cap Quest purpoting to act on the banks behalf. A copy of this letter is attached for information. I am concerned as this account is still in dispute. HFC have not responded to my SAR, I have not received a copy of the previously requested credit agreement, HFC have failed to respond to my request concerning the calculation of the original consolidated loan amount (PPI rends etc) and have failed to answer any questions concerning my request and their offer to refund the PPI premiums and life assurance premiums on the loan.Basically they have totally ignorred me......until now! I have received neither a notice of default nor a deed of assignment from HFC and as confirmed in a previous post, HFC have advised me in writing that my account was closed in early 2010. In view of this I am tempted to write to Cap Quest using the CAG template letter advising them that as they do not own the debt (and the account has been closed and/or in dispute) I am not prepared to deal with them. However, before doing this I would appreciate any advice that you may have concerning the way forward. Monkeymad. P.S I did not complain to the FOS as suggested as everything went quiet. However, do you now think that now is the time to make the complaint?

HFC Cap quest letter (1).pdf

Hi All,Further to my earlier post, I now attach a draft of a letter that I propose to send to CapQuest.I would welcome any comments and also any advice and assistance with regard to my earlier post.As always, and in anticipation, thank you for your help.Monkeymad

CapQuest (HFC) letter 26-08-2011.doc

• 2 months later...

Following my last post

I sent the letter to CapQuest and eventually received a reply advising me that they taking no further action and closing their file.

I have now received the attached letter from Beneficial Finance and would welcome any advice that you are able to give.

To recap, following a letter from HFC Bank dated 10 March I sent a request for a SAR in March 2010.

This is still oustanding.HFC advised me in their letter that my account was closed on 29 January 2010 but I have not been served with a termination notice or a default notice.

In addition, HFC have refused to provide me with any details as to how my "consolidated" loan was calculated taking into account settlement of and repayment of previous PPI and loans that I had with HFC!!!!!!

HFC made an offer in their letter to refund the PPI premiums but their calculations do not add up.

They have made no offer to refund the joint life policy premiums which they added to the loan without my consent.

(The loan was in my name only).

Furthermore,

HFC are insisting that I take out a new loan with them taking their PPI refund into account although I definitely do not wish to do this (presumably as they know the original loan is unenforceable!!!)

.I am going around in circles!

Sorry, forgot to attach the letter!

Received Beneficial Finance letter October 2011.pdf

• 1 month later...

***UPDATE***

I attach a copy of a letter that I have today received from HFC Bank in reply to my letterof 3 November.

I am not entirely sure how to reply to their letter or what to do next and would appreciate any help or advice that any CAG members can provide.

As far as I can see, the current situation is:

1. HFC have now refunded the PPI premiums (and interest at 8%) as offered in their previous letters to me and in response to my complaint.

However, following advice from dx100uk,

I refused their offer as it was apparent that the refund had been calculated incorrectly.

HFC's original offer stated that I also had to enter into a new agreement with the Bank,

although they now seem to have quietly "dropped" this requirement following my objections!!!!

2.HFC have failed to make any comment whatsoever or offer of refund concerning my complaint and request of a refund in respect of the joint life cover premiums (the loan was in my sole name) that Household Bank added to the agreement along with the PPI premiums without my consent.

3. Although my loan agreement with Household Bank states that Household Bank is a "Trading name" of HFC Bank Ltd there is no reference to HFC being the creditor only Household Bank.

In view of this I cannot see how HFC can state that they are now the creditor in respect of my loan when they appear to have implied that they have not complied with the requirements of the law of Property Act concerning assignment.

If HFC's argument is followed then surely I would owe the money to HSBC Bank PLC and not HF as HFC is acompany owned by HSBC BanK?

Any advice and comments I what I should do next or how to reply to HFC would be gratefully received as I am now totally confused and feel that I am being "harrassed and bullied" into agreeing something that I should not do.

Monkeymad1

Received HFC letter - December 2011.pdf

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hassle,

but I wondered if there was anyone who can suggest a way forward and a reply to HFC?

In my previous post I forgot to mention that a SAR WAS sent to HFC and also a follow up reminder (using the CAG template letters) despite HFC stating in thier letter that they had not received the same.

Should I make a new application for a SAR or should I "call it a day" and make a pro rata offer to repay based upon my available income?Any advice would be gratefully received.