The magic "disappearing overdraft" trick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to let you all know I managed to recieve £2260 from the Halif*x from old charges etc. Thought it was great 'til my Wife checked the account for me today and guess what? I can't get all my money!!!!!:o

I had an overdraft of £1500 with them, which had a balance of about £2000 due to charges, which I said I would bring back to £1500 again and repay the balance in instalments. However, without warning or anything, they've took my overdraft off me, and I'm left with £200 to pay all the other outstanding bills:eek: :-x:-x.

Can they get away with this? To put it mildly I'm absolutely bloody livid!!!!!! Especially when I sent a letter (seperately from the court case) insisting on payment by cheque!

So, now I've calmed down a little (still livid tho') I've decided that, instead of calling them to vent myself at them for this travesty, I'll Fax them (so that I've got proof of delivery), telling them to re-instate the overdraft, and pay me by cheque, as otherwise I will not settle the claim with the court.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance...

Raven

Update -

Faxed them on Friday - was engaged a lot (sheer weight of complaints?!) but sent through eventually. They have until tomorrow to get in touch or I will contact the court to sort this out.

For goodness sake all I want is my overdraft reinstating so I can spend my recovered charges!!!!!

Am getting very impatient and am making myself ill because of this - can I sue for damages to my health?:D

Don't you think the prudent course of action is to use the reclaimed charges to pay your overdraft and therefore you won't be in the red with the bank?

I hardly think demanding an overdraft of 2 grand so you can spend 2 grand is going to cut any ice with the bank.

Look, you got back 2 and a quarter thousand pounds that you thought was lost forever. You had a 2 grand overdraft. It seems to me that you now have no overdraft and you are 200 sponds up. I'd take the chocolate watch you won and be happy.

But that's just my opinion.