Need Advice on Getting Claim Struck Out.

Ivan99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I've been following a few peoples advice on here and have now reached the stage of attempting to get a claim struck out.

I spoke to the court today and they have confirmed the claim I am defending has been stayed. Just to recap this was a debt where finance

was taken out on a electrical item. I have disputed the amount in full and I have asked for evidence. Nothing has come back and 7 months has passed. The court have confirmed that I can apply to get the claim struck out.

I am keen to do this, however the court say it will cost £40 withthout a hearing or £75. I was hoping to find out which route is better and if there is anything you recommend putting in the application? I also was keen to find out that - if the DCA has not responded for 7 months, does this mean the claim is likely to actually be struck out or could I potentially be wasting money on this application.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I told the court I inted to defend the claim in full, however I cannot file a full defence until the claimant has sent me the documentation etc. I told the court I have sent the claimant a CPR request which I did. They have not responded to myself or the court.

I now have to fill in the N244 form and decide whether to have a hearing for £75 or no hearing for £40. So this is where I am with it and I'm a litte unsure of the best course of action. I also really don't want to waste my money, if it is unlikely it will be struck out, so I'm hoping someone can advise me on where to go with it from here.

Submit an Holding Defence and save yourself £40.00.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

But the claim is already stayed. I thought a holding defence only gets the claim stayed?

So you have AoS an pleaded defend in full and not submitted a defence but now it is stayed?

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi Andy,

Sorry what does Aos mean? Well the defence I submitted stated I dispute this amount in full but cannot prepare a full defence until the DCA

has submitted me with their documentation etc. I think this was my attempt at a holding defence. Anyway the claim has been stayed so just trying to find out how likely I am to get it struck out and if there are any tips on getting it struck out.

Thanks

Ok with you now Ivan (AoS) Acknowledge of Service

Ok just submit an AN N244 requesting that the claim be struck out for non complience without an hearing.The Claimant may object buts thats the gamble.Worth £40.00 though to get them off your back

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy,

If the claimant does object, does the stay get lifted? Just trying to see if I'm potentially opening up a bigger can of worms, so to speak.

No you are not applying to lift the Stay but to strike out.If the Claimant objects and lifts the stay the case proceeds.IMHO I would leave it stayed unless you know there is no case to argue and the Claimant will not respond

Regards

Andy

I have delt with cases stayed a lot longer than 7 months and then the AQ arrived.However the longer they leave it the harder to revive which they have to pay for when submitting their AQ.Is this a SCT?

Andy