Can I put my account into dispute?

b4bod
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

Basically, I should have paid my account off by now, spoke to welcome, they said I still had to pay another 1000 or so. I sent them the letter saying you missold me PPI, I want my money back plus the interest. They responded saying I didnt give enough info, and to fill out their questionaire, but I just sent them a HUGE letter giving them all the information they needed. They've acknowledged receiving the letter and said I''ll have a response by the 11th Sept. If they come back to me and say they're not gonna pay me or what have you, what do I do next? Can I then put the account into dispute?

Your information isn't very clear here. It sounds to me as if you are saying that you have got a loan which is outstanding and also PPI. Is this correct?

If this is correct then have you requested a copy of the credit agreement?

The PPI issue is completely separate and if you believe that you have been mis-sold any need to lay out the grounds for believing thisand then submit it as a formal claim. If they do not produce any response to you within eight weeks then it has to go to the ombudsman although you will probably have to press this as I can imagine that they will be reluctant

Sorry I'll try again :) a bit calmer this time.

I took out a loan with welcome about 4 years ago for 1000, then had a top up for 500 about 18 months later. My loan should have finished in April this year, but when I called them to make my last payment, they said I still owed them over a thousand pound because I'd missed payments, I only missed one or two if that. Then when I checked my credit agreement, it said that I'd opted for 3 or 4 different insurances, which I didnt agree too. But they'd posted me signed agreement, they didnt give me one when I left the office the day I got the loan. I didnt request a copy of my agreement, because I have my copies of the agreements, I kept them safe when I was given them.

I submitted the formal claim to Welcome, and the 8 weeks is up on the 11th Sept. What I want to know, is if they dont respond, or dont give me the response I want, can i then refer my complaint to the FOS and send welcome a letter saying I want to put the account into dispute and that I wont be making any further payments?