Cooking with Halogen Cookers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got one from my sister, she ended up with my unused Bissell Carpet cleaner so it was a good swap.

You can do boiled eggs on it without water - take two medium room temperature eggs, put the timer on 6 minutes and the temperature on 200deg, and voila, nicely done boiled eggs.... you will need about 8-10 minutes for large size and 4 minutes for small ones.

Another quick one, Warburton's Sandwich Thins (I love these) on the high rack, piled with some grated cheese and 5 minutes on maximum heat, superb cheese on toast (ps try it with a bit of salami under the cheese too).

• 9 months later...

Hi...

Still lurking/lurching :)

My main oven finally expired along with my micro a few months ago...

Have periodically 'toyed' with the idea of getting one for over five years (actually inspired by this very thread) but always got side tracked by something else...

However, due to the demise of some of my major cooking facilities; aided by my care company who loaned me a micro. then sold it to me due to being stuck in the dreaded DLA to PIP migration. When my PIP was finally paid a few weeks ago I took the plunge, especially as all the bits and cookers themselves have come down in price, had a good look about and sourced a digital with all the bits including delivery for less than £60!

Was going to get one with a hinged lid but it was significantly more (even with the myriad offers and combinations) for something that might not suit...

I'd already purchased a very good slow cooker from the same manufacturer so did feel more confident with my choice...

Hope I don't jinx myself but everything I've tried cooking in it so far works great and cooks even pizza better than expensive ovens :)

Early days yet, I know, but they really do work and I've found that as long as I think properly about what I want from it and don't try to rush it'll more than replace any fancy oven and grill at the very least :)

I got a 12 L one with the extender and it definitely was the best choice even for a single person because they can be used for very small to very large portions... Can't see me eating a whole roast chicken though the vids on you tube are very good and had me drooling and plotting my next grocery order :)

• 9 months later...

Amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C20X8KU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I bought my cooker two years ago and I like it very much! Not only does it come with a spare replaceable bulb but it does cut down on electric. I haven't used my ordinary oven since I bought it! Since this thread has been going on for a while it would be interesting to know how users have got in with the ill fated JML versions?? A lot of the complaints about them stems from the fact that the bulb cannot be replaced unlike the AJ?

I think the Andrew James version is simply fantastic!