style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

My mum got a letter of the baliffs (rossendales) 3 days ago(3rd of september) saying NOTICE OF ATTENDANCE ect... magistrates liability order/distress warrant for £1268.30 and then it said if you cannot pay this bill in full you should be aware that evan at this late stage with an initial payment of £120 you can still pay by installments!! 3 days later 6th september we got something about weve got an liability order!! and on the back of the form it's got stuff about walking possession ect.. And that my mam needs to pay £1268.30 + first visit fee £24.50 + second visit fee £18.00 total £1310.80 but my mum hasnt signed anything as i've been reading about that on here and the baliff keeps knocking ect... But i mean one minute they where saying you can pay in installments then 3 days later sending out a walking possession...whats that all about?? 3 days wasnt exactly long notice was it!! But the baliff said he would call around again monday!! And he keeps ringin my mum and being really nice with her on the phone so....hes obviously trying to get on my her good side to trick her into leting him into the house am i correct?? Well theres no chance hes coming in!!! But im just a little stuck on what to do next like how can my mam pay the council and not the baliffs ect...? Do i need to right a letter and stuff? and if so what do i write ect... Also we can pay one payment of £400 then maybe 9 month payments of £100 or 5 month paymonts of £200...would the council except this? thanks

Most councils have an online payment system. You can go online and pay using your council tax reference number and that way the payment goes through.

So do we not need to send a letter ect? what should we do on monday the baliff says he's coming back around!!

are you at home is your mum there

your mum will have to write a letter to the council with a copy sent to the bailiff these letters must be sent by recorded delivery

I think there is a template letter on here I/someone will find it and post it

when the bailiff comes round under no circumstances let him in tell your mum he will say anything to get in the house legally she does not have to let him in tell her to keep doors and windows locked and not to answer the door to him

if she has a car move it out the street if she has a garden leave nothing in it not even an old spade lock sheds/garages

don't worry about bailiffs charges as long as you don't let him in or he Levy's on the car the most the bailiff can charge is

1st visit fee £24.50 2nd visit fee £18

walking possession...whats that all about

ask your mun exactly what is on this letter

does it have Notice of Goods & inventory (trying to find out if its a letter or walking possession agreement )

yes your mum can pay council on-line but it wont stop the hassle from the bailiffs

are you at home is your mum there

your mum will have to write a letter to the council with a copy sent to the bailiff these letters must be sent by recorded delivery

I think there is a template letter on here I/someone will find it and post it

when the bailiff comes round under no circumstances let him in tell your mum he will say anything to get in the house legally she does not have to let him in tell her to keep doors and windows locked and not to answer the door to him

if she has a car move it out the street if she has a garden leave nothing in it not even an old spade lock sheds/garages

don't worry about bailiffs charges as long as you don't let him in or he Levy's on the car the most the bailiff can charge is

1st visit fee £24.50 2nd visit fee £18

walking possession...whats that all about

ask your mun exactly what is on this letter

does it have Notice of Goods & inventory (trying to find out if its a letter or walking possession agreement )

yes your mum can pay council on-line but it wont stop the hassle from the bailiffs

Sorry,the letter he posted through the door is a walking possession agrrement form to sign but...were not signing it!! And i thought they were only aloud to give you this letter in person not post it through the door but they obviously think where dumb and will sign it and send it to them!!( which isnt happening!!) and is the letter your talking about sending this one....

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Your Reference

I understand XXX Council has appointed you to recover my Council Tax Liability arrears for 200x of £xxxx.

Firstly I would like to make you aware that I am fully aware of my rights and you will not gain entry to my home under any circumstances to levy goods and I know the fees allowed under statute and when these fees can be applied.

Due to my circumstances I am unable to pay this in one payment. I advocate a payment schedule of 24 months with 23 months payments at £xx.xx and the balance of £xx.xx to be paid on the 24th month to cover the principle. I understand this may seem a long time but this is a realistic offer that is affordable to me and will allow me to pay future bills issued for Council Tax without them falling into arrears. A greater amount would cause me real and actual hardship.

I am able to pay the above amount on the xx of each month, as an act of good faith I have enclosed the first payment chq number xxxxxx. Please advise how you would like future payments made. My personal preference is payment by Standing Order.

It should be noted that I am not at any point refusing to pay this debt but only asking for a fair payment period considering my circumstances. And if you are unable to accept my offer I will place the money aside each month until such a time the council take the account back into their management, when I will make payment of the set aside money to the council.

Please also send an itemised statement of account that clearly shows what charges have been added and what for, you are required in statute to supply this information and I look forward to this within 14 days.

I am sending the council a copy of this letter and requesting that it be filled with my account for further reference.

I hope the above meets your approval and I look forward to your timely reply by letter.

Yours faithfully,

Edited by Macca2k10

thats the letter send it by recorded delivery to the council and the bailiffs you can also e-mail saying hard copy to follow by recorded delivery

Sorry,the letter he posted through the door is a walking possession agreement form to sign but...were not signing it!! And i thought they were only aloud to give you this letter in person not post it through the door but they obviously think where dumb and will sign it and send it to them!!( which isn't happening!!) and is the letter your talking about sending this one....

what has the bailiffs written on this letter has he listed a car and are there charges written on it if you can post it on here it would be better

he can put it through the door if he has levied on a car

thats the letter send it by recorded delivery to the council and the bailiffs you can also e-mail saying hard copy to follow by recorded delivery

Sorry,the letter he posted through the door is a walking possession agreement form to sign but...were not signing it!! And i thought they were only aloud to give you this letter in person not post it through the door but they obviously think where dumb and will sign it and send it to them!!( which isn't happening!!) and is the letter your talking about sending this one....

what has the bailiffs written on this letter has he listed a car and are there charges written on it if you can post it on here it would be better

he can put it through the door if he has levied on a car

No theres nothing like that written on the letter just the amount owed date and his signature... but he said he's coming back around monday or tuesday!

had a look no worries nothing written on the W P A

get you mum to phone the council and ask how much the bailiffs were instructed to collect

clients debt and costs outstanding £1268,30 if the council don't give her this figure then the bailiff has added charges he should not have (there is a letter for that to)

tell your mum i said you have done great helping her with this and she owes you big time well done

get you mum to phone the council and ask how much the bailiffs were instructed to collect

clients debt and costs outstanding £1268,30 if the council don't give her this figure then the bailiff has added charges he should not have (there is a letter for that to)

tell your mum i said you have done great helping her with this and she owes you big time well done

Ok thanks alot! I had to help her really and im just glad i found this forum other wise i wouldnt of had a clue about what baliffs can & cant do!! like last year some baliffs came (from jacobs) about council tax ect..and my mum let them in and signed a walking possesion agreement ect... and she ended up paying them! And that was that!! then now this letter from rossendales but im glad they havent come in this time and theres not a cat in hells chance they will!.Oh and is jacobs a completly different company to rossendales? thanks

Oh and is Jacobs a completely different company to rossendales? thanks

yes different company

if your mum had dealings with Jacobs last year ask her to send a letter asking for a breakdown of there charges (most bailiffs over charge )

a simple letter asking for what charges were added to her account on what day and date of the charges the reason for the charges and the bailiffs name send recorded delivery

you are still legally entitled to this info from them

Once i've written up this letter......

Dear Sir/Madam,

I understand XXX Council has appointed you to recover my Council Tax Liability arrears for 200x of £xxxx.

Firstly I would like to make you aware that I am fully aware of my rights and you will not gain entry to my home under any circumstances to levy goods and I know the fees allowed under statute and when these fees can be applied.

Due to my circumstances I am unable to pay this in one payment. I advocate a payment schedule of 24 months with 23 months payments at £xx.xx and the balance of £xx.xx to be paid on the 24th month to cover the principle. I understand this may seem a long time but this is a realistic offer that is affordable to me and will allow me to pay future bills issued for Council Tax without them falling into arrears. A greater amount would cause me real and actual hardship.

I am able to pay the above amount on the xx of each month, as an act of good faith I have enclosed the first payment chq number xxxxxx. Please advise how you would like future payments made. My personal preference is payment by Standing Order.

It should be noted that I am not at any point refusing to pay this debt but only asking for a fair payment period considering my circumstances. And if you are unable to accept my offer I will place the money aside each month until such a time the council take the account back into their management, when I will make payment of the set aside money to the council.

Please also send an itemised statement of account that clearly shows what charges have been added and what for, you are required in statute to supply this information and I look forward to this within 14 days.

I am sending the council a copy of this letter and requesting that it be filled with my account for further reference.

I hope the above meets your approval and I look forward to your timely reply by letter.

Yours faithfully,

Do i send one to the council and one to the baliffs? except with the one i send to the council i include a standing order payment (right?) but i dont include that with the baliffs do i? And with this letter it's mostly amed for the council? :S

So say this is the phone call to the council!!

Mum: im wanting to find out how much you instructed the baliffs to collect... ( so on this part my mam shouldnt mention what shes got on the letter...wait till the women says what theyve got first ect.. is that right? then obviously if it's different then them w**** (balffs) have added there own amount to it do bag for them selfs correct?

Another thing!!...will the bailiffs still try and get into my house,say through a window!...evan if i haven't signed anything?

keep the windows closed(not locked) the window must be open for them to come in the window

Mum: I'm wanting to find out how much you instructed the bailiffs to collect

thats all she needs to say she doesn't have to give a reason why she want this info

Do i send one to the council and one to the bailiffs? except with the one i send to the council i include a standing order payment (right?) but i dont include that with the bailiffs do i? And with this letter it's mostly amed for the council? :S

yes

did you check to see if the bailiff was certificated

thats right send money to council not bailiff

Edited by hallowitch

sorry me and my mum are confussed now, so we send this letter....

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours faithfully,

so we send this letter to the council + the baliffs? in the letter it says i have included a payment ect...as an act of good faith ? but who are we giving that payment to? the baliffs or the council? cause if were sending the excat same letter to both partys there both gonna be reading and seeing the that on writing we have said we have included a payment but if we send the payment with the council the baliffs are gonna then read that letter and see that theres no payment included with the letter?....if you get me.so thats where im confussed. thanks

It makes more sense to send this letter to the baliffs along with a cheq ect... + send a copy of the letter to the council.But if the baliffs refuse this payment we included with the letter, thats when we then as stated in the letter put the council tax payment to one side until they hand it back over to the council.Is that right? or..... . sorry im really confussed lol

Edited by Macca2k10