Welcome Car

louisd77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Letter from Welcome, which says:

We refer to the notice of default issued from this office on. Doesn't give a date.

Goes on to say that they have terminated my agreement, even though they have already done this when they first defaulted the account in November 2009. They basically even want all payments, the car or both.

Can you default on a account more then once?

They want me to get in touch.

It's funny that I should receive this letter when they told me over the phone that they could not send anything in black & white because they did not have the facilities to do so.

Louis

Now after 3 months I get a call saying they are going to repossess, when I pointed out that I had made at least a third of the payments & they would need a court order they said they don't need one because they have sent a default.

Reading this from the above thread..I dont think they can repossess unless they have a Court Order....they do need one..read your agreement with them...on mine its says that once 1/3 is paid they need a court order to repossess....can post also read this and tell me if I am correct or I am also in trouble....

Welcome's attitude stinks! The guy who contacted me last was a complete t**t! He basically said they didn't need a court order because they had recalculated the agreement & I had not paid a third. I have paid 17 of 48 payments, which is more then a third. Even if I hadn't paid a third they still need a court order to enter private property. This didn't seem to mean anything to the guy, he was trying to use scare tactics by saying they had a right to do anything they wanted.

I have put the car in a secure garage away from my house so they can't accidently come & take it.

Whether I am right or wrong I am staying stubborn & I am going to make them work their a***s off to get the car back. Let see if they are willing to go to court.

Louis

Geesh this company dont half frustrate you, lol . . give it a try and send a copy of the letter to compliance with a covering letter you tried to deliver to your branch and have proof of postage to no avail. Dont hold no punches in the covering letter. lol.

WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICE

COMPLIANCE

RUDDINGTON FIELD BUSINESS PARK

RUDDINGTON

NOTTINGHAM

NG11 6NZ

Edited by ozzywizard
EDIT TO ADD ADDRESS

Geesh this company dont half frustrate you, lol . . give it a try and send a copy of the letter to compliance with a covering letter you tried to deliver to your branch and have proof of postage to no avail. Dont hold no punches in the covering letter. lol.

WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICE

COMPLIANCE

RUDDINGTON FIELD BUSINESS PARK

RUDDINGTON

NOTTINGHAM

NG11 6NZ

Good Advice There OZZ!!!:D:D

HANG `EM HIGH LOUIS!!!:cool:

Still subbing Louis! I have a similar 'car' situation, fortunately not with Welcome, only Link :rolleyes:

You are getting such good advice on your thread so I won't chip in except to say, hold tight! These sort of companies behave despicably. I do wish you'd stop talking to them on the phone though, even if it is recorded:cool: I've been threatened with court action 3 times in less than 5 months:D

I have sent letters to the Compliance department today because the local branch will not sign for anything. It's 14 days since they said they would come & repossess so 3 more days & we will see if they have the bottle to do what they said they would do.

Louis

I have sent letters to the Compliance department today because the local branch will not sign for anything. It's 14 days since they said they would come & repossess so 3 more days & we will see if they have the bottle to do what they said they would do.

Louis

Have you reported their lack of response to the FOS? ICO ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

It seems that I have no choice but to give the car up because when I have checked I have only paid 16 payments which is not enough for a third of the payments. Welcome want the car so I have said I will drop the car off. Is there anything I need to know before I do this? Will this still be classed as a repo?

Thanks,

LD