strange letter from company called Mackenzie Hall

smc1878
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Follow my link at #16. Phoning you at work is a clear breach of the guidance. If you do not get anywhere, take them to FOS - free for you, £500 for them, win or lose.

The adjudicators at FOS do not know how to deal with this but point out the specific guidance breach and if they still won't back down, insist that an Ombudsman make a decision.

If they keep pestering you whilst it is at FOS then tell FOS about that too.

Nothing to add to previous advice re how to deal with this.

But in regard to Mucky Hall and other debt companies getting hold of your work number, don't ever give your work number to any financial services or utilities companies. This includes obviously your bank, credit card companies, Insurance companies, Comparison sites, mobile phone, telecoms, plus Gas and Electricity providers. They all pass your information on via the Credit Reference agencies and other tracing agencies.

Have a think about which companies you have given your work number to. Have you ever needed to be contacted at work regarding any issue ? Once the number gets recorded, it can be difficult to get it removed. Ask your switchboard whether they can block calls from the number Mucky Hall use.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Email Muck Hall and tell them you know nothing about the ALLEGED debt but even if you did that it is Statute Barred under S5 of the Limitation Act 1980.

Report them to East Aryshire Trading Standards (David Stewart). They are well known to chase UNENFORCEABLE debt. On a brighter note, once Muck Hall get hold of it then it has reached the bottom of the dung heap. They are the lowest form of life in DCA land. If they have it you now know its totally UNENFORCEABLE. Normally I advise ignoring these cretins but as they are phoning your work you need to report their sorry asses.

I forgot to add. An easy way to stop them ringing you is when they come through to you is to tell them you are your boss and that you are NOT allowed to receive telephone calls. Tell them that all calls are routinely monitored and recorded and that you will be passing all their details to the OFT and the telecoms watchdog. You will never hear a phone getting slammed down so quickly. I used this on the Leeds Losers ( a trading style of the Lowell Group) and it worked a treat:D