strange letter from company called Mackenzie Hall

smc1878
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Has anybody heard of these people? I have had strange letter posted to me today saying they are trying to "trace" the person on the address, is it me and if so they want to discuss a personal matter with me immediately but if I am not ring them anyway or email then at Gone Away@mackenzie hall.

Mentally not up to having another debt collection agency hasssling me atthe moment sol would appreciate any advice or knowledge anybody has on them

Thanks x

thanks very much, have no idea what it is for: I think I willl leave for now and see what happens? Would this be the best plan of action? Really worried it is an olddebt that allied international credit tried chasing me for last year but they never responsded to my CCA request????

As a company Muck Hall are best ignored. They will eventually send you their complete series of silly letters including one that look like a pay cheque urging you to get in touch and threatening all sorts of ill that will befall you. Like the smell of a rotting turd they will eventually disappear with absolutely no input from yourself.

Oh yes they will send the odd text message to your home phone.

They are the lowest of a pretty low industry and can be safely ignored because of their crass stupidity and general ignorance

how long approx for them to disappear ?

I'm on my 4th letter from them today (had the paycheque one as the 3rd one)

not worried about them at all, they don't have any phone number for me, they don't have a prayer of getting a valid CCA so I'm not even wasting a £1 on them, so they can't use any shenanigans to try and reset the statute barred clock (which is now measured in months away)

the letter today was offering me a 25% discount for early settlement, filed under bin.

I had chasing letter from Makenzie hall back in March 09 I sent them Statute Barred letter, they sent it on to Meritforce debtforce doorstep collection agents who didn't turn up at my door btw, I sent them the same letter and included parts about passing on statute barred debts etc. I've heard nothing from either of them since, but now have Lowell chasing for something different. Also Both letters from Muckers hall and Meritforce refered to Lowells. Looks like thier just fishing, dont bite! ;)

Blue Boo 1 - First Direct 0 :razz:

Blue Boo 1 - Global Debt recovery 0:razz:

Ongoing

Boo V GDR - Acc Disputed complaint made :confused:

Boo V 1st Credit -Acc Disputed complaint made:-x

My Mack-Hall cycle - all letters ignored :)

1. 19th August 2008, IMPORTANT - DO NOT IGNORE

Full amount demanded by deadline 26 August 2008.

2. 16th October 2008 REDUCED SETTLEMENT OFFER

15% off if paid by 26 October 2008

3. 14th November 2008, The "Paycheque" letter

Threatening that field collectors would call in 7 days.

4. 9th January 2009, STANDING ORDER MANDATE

A form setting up what would have been a pretty reasonable payment, over 82 months, if the whole thing wasn't already statute-barred.

Nothing for 8 months now.

• 1 month later...

thanks for your help, had a second letter of them today,

I did giggle that the first one was asking was I even the person they wanted and this one states, we know its you so pay up, with an amount of money I know not what its for but as been passed on to them by a company called 1st credit???

If Worst Credit have passed it to a company as useless as Muck hall you can be 100% sure its totally UNENFORCEABLE. In fact hundreds of people with a similar name to yours will have got identical letters from Kilmarnock as they try to CON someone into paying them

they aren't even trying now.

5th letter appeared today, pleading for me to make a reduced settlement offer.

addressed to

Name

Street

no house number

this debt is unenforceable, but not statute barred yet. So I expect a few more fishing attempts by them yet.

At least they don't have my phone number

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

update on these people: some how they got my work phone number and rang me in work... I am shaking.. If work got a wind of this I would be in trouble: It was only that we have called display and the number was an external number that I answered the phone different to normal they asked for me in my ex married name and I asked who they were and what they wanted and they said it was a personal matter and would call another number and put the phone down

I googled the number and saw it was mackenzie hall

Also they wrote to me (lovely letter when I got in! and the debt is something from years ago that my ex husband was meant to be paying (this is how all my trouble started my ex got us both into debt and stopped paying for things when I left him )

I am shaking here, I checked my house phone to see if they had rang but yet another company called Lowell had left a text saying to call them for a letter they also sent today and its an old old mobile phone bill (again from when I left my husband) for over nine years ago!!

I am in a state

What should I do about a) mackenzie hall and b) lowell or should I just ignore?

I worry that if I cca them both they will harrass me even more

also more interestingly bryan carter are chasing me on an old debt and are trying to get a cCj on me which I sent them paper work for earlier this week.. how have all these people got my details for old debts that are related to my ex??

BTW if the debts are your exs then you have no liability and need to report Bryan Carter as well to Trading Standards for trying to get you to admit to liability for another persons debt.

Somewhere along the line your ex has been connected with you at your current address and this link needs to be broken. Experian, Equifax and Callcredit will be directly behind all this..... you need to check your credit report and get the link broken.