Welcome Finance Default

ric_pendle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

Please can someone help me with this but during a recent credit check with my bank they noticed that Welcome Sh**y finance have defaulted me on my old car loan even when I made every payment on the loan on time.

I have tried to query this with them, first they said it was a mistake and would "will fill in a form to remove it". However they never did this!

I contacted them again and this time they said write to their compliance department who will remove it. I wrote to them but they deny they got the letter.

I have attached what's been recorded on my credit file.

On another personal unsecured loan which has now finnished they have tried to say I owed over £300 but eventually said this is because they did not set the direct debit up on time so the first months payment was taken a month later. After going nuclear at them they agreed to write this amount off, I have confirmed it is on their records to write off however to my knowledge they have still not wrote the amount off yet. I have spoke to the branch manager who tells me not to worry.

In regards to the one that has been defaulted, my credit file says it's over £120.00 however again I never missed a payment on the loan and paid the 18 months of payments.

I am really worried because I noticed that they are nearly bankrupt and want this default removings as it is causing some problems with my credit rating?

Any surgestions on how I could do this.

Many thanks,

Ric

wf1.jpg

Do you get their admissions on the telephone? If so, did you record your calls.

It will be easier by far if you can get a recorder and then call them and get them to agree the mistake on the phone.

After that I would waste no time. Complain to the IC immediatly and sue them in the County Court for DPA breaches.

Also, complain to the OFT about them. You won't be the first

Don't waste your time with these people. It is not your job to help them organise themselves.

the only thing which will make them sit up and act will be a County Court claim form in their letterbox

• 3 months later...

Hi people, I wrote a letter to welscum about the default. They wrote back within 10 days saying it was an error and they will remove it from my credit file immediatly. Result!!! Well not really. I got the letter from welscum on 29/09/09 saying the default will be remove within 28 days.

I've since applied for my credit file from Experian, the date they did the report on my credit file was 29/11/09. The hire purchase agreement appears exactly like this;

Welcome Financial Services LTD HIRE PURCHASE/CONDITIONAL SALE

Started 22/10/05 Balance £0 Settled 24/05/07

Monthly Payments £109 over 18 months Status History: 000000000000

In the last 20 months of account activity, the number of status 1-2 is 0 and the number of status 3+ is 0

File updated for the period to 29/09/09

I've have since applied for credit with a High Street lender who has declined me. So I went to a credit broker (don't use them, they are a nightmare) but they did a credit search and told me that they had picked this default up and that's whats causing me to be a high risk. I didn't take the loan because the rate offered is sky high.

What should I do?