help! can i give my car back on a voluntary termination?

angeleyes1331
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oh well feel like crying or screaming at moment, did as bavy, advised and phoned the citizens advice bureau, she told me in not to good english, that i would have to phone the company i have had the money of, ( felt like she judging and my own fault for being stupid, alright maybe!) she told me to read the paper work propably myself and then i would no what options if any i had!

asked nicely, if could have an appointment to talk to someone face to face rather than over the phone, and she said no! they couldnt do anything as they didnt know how the bank, or whoever give me the loan worked so i would have to phone the people i have had the money of and talk to them!!

is it me being selfish or stupid and thinking that they were there to help!!????

she made me feel like tough you got yourself in it, you had the money, now sort it yourself!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, not very helpful at all :(. I know it's difficult, but try to hang on there until Postggi (or someone else) has had a look. I dearly wish I could help but I'm still learning myself :)

The CAB aren't very knowledgeable on CCA's, from what I can gather, so that's probably why you got the response you did!

There is also the option of requesting your CCA from them, as it is a loan agreement, not HP. This costs £1, send by recorded delivery, use a postal order. If they do not send a true copy of the original documents, then the account will be in dispute and you can stop paying.

However from what I've read it will have an impact on your credit history. If you would like to go down this route I will find a copy of the letter for you to send.

You may still be able to claim back the PPI if mis-sold, someone else will tell you if you can.

hi maggie,

thanks for your reply, just to know someone else cares:-))):)

i have a brilliant credit history, never miss payments etc, i have another loan and credit cards, and have paid other loans and always paid my bills, and this is one reason why i want to see what options i have rather than just stop paying and let them take me to court.. But i am really finding it a struggle at the moment, and when i keep going over the fact that we went in for a 7000 car on 0% interest at 120 odd pound a month, and come out owing over 10 grand and paying 1600 just for insurance and 175 a month i just cant believe we were so stupid!! and that women at the cab has just made me feel 100 times worse, but it was nice to get a reply from you, you in the wrong job should be in the cab!!:-)))):(:Cry:

wouldn't mind but straight up was thinking of volunteering for the one near by, but that's who i phoned so think better not!!! was nearly gonna phone back and have a word with manager, but to wound up at the moment, so might not be able to hold tongue!! :mad:

anyway thanks xx:)

hi bavy,

thanks for them few ideas, will have a good look later, i did actually asked for a settlement amount in feb 09 (just to see what i owed) and it was 6847.71.

not to good at maths! but may i ask you quick question? i noticed on the document it says after 1/4 term you would have a settlement of 6528.54 would i have done that term. Got the car Feb 07?

mind you even then i would be 2500 owing if i sold the car for 4000! there would be no way i could find that so would be stuck anyway!!

don't look as if got many options without losing lot of money! or owing!

Yeah unfortunately your options don't look too great :(

I can't believe the attitude of the CAB woman, I would still give National Debtline (National Debtline – Free, Confidential Debt Advice – Call 0808 808 4000) they might throw up an idea we haven't thought of.

Regarding how far through your payments? I make it that you have made 19 of 60 payments so far so around 1/3rd of the way through.

hi maggie

had quick oook in the forum, but most of them seemed to be for credit cards? and i am not actually sure what ppi is, i dont think i have that insurance mine is asset protection insurance, what ever that is! think it means that if my car is written of of stolen, and it is not seen as worth as much as the rest of the loan i owe then they will pay the difference, but i could be wrong on that one?!!

what actually is a -ppi? if you dont mind me asking! may sound a bit thick but brain not working at all today! stressful day and then stressful night in work:-))) jsut chilling now

and once again thanks for everything

xx

Hi Angeleyes :)

You might want to send Postggj a Private Message to ask him to have a look at your documents. To do this look near the top of the page to Usercp and click, you will be able to send him one there. Hope this helps. Give me a shout if you get stuck.

Btw it's in West Yorks, not Scotland :)

Hi Angeleyes

Ill Drop In Tonight

Did You Get Back All Details On The Insurance

Be It Ppi,gap, Tyre Warrinty/pain Warrinty

Any Insurance Con

Thats Underwriting Sheets

Statement Of Means And Price

T&c On The Insurance Products

We Need To Move Up A Gear And Not Be Mr Nice Guy

Lets See If We Can Bring This Thread To A Close Shall We

thanks for that postggj

have not received anything back from insurance yet i rang them on Tues the 8th but it was

about 5 ish. Hopefully should hear in the next day or two, hope so.

i just phoned them i didn't do a subject access request as they said they would send stuff out with change of address!?

documents i have up to now are on here.

i wont be on till late tonight as in work.

thanks for taking time out much appreciated, even if you can do anything in the end at least its nice someone cares enough to try xxxx

hi postggj,

still not heard anything from insurance thought i would have got something this week, maybe tomorrow hopefully! not been on last two days not to good and been in work so gone bed when get home! as shattered:-)

how long do you think i should give them before phoning back or writing a letter?

i really need to get a move on as struggling now money wise and just seem to get on my feet and then money for car due and that sends me back down again.

one good thing? in think!! the value of second hand cars is going up:-))) so not all doom and gloom:-)))))

hi Postggj and Maggie moo and everyone,

sorry not been on for few days, but been working nights and not to good.

i think i have now give the insurance plenty of time to change address and send any details of our insurance out to us, so i will need to send them a letter with a subject access request, i am not to good at writing letters, so can anyone give me some advice if not to busy:-)) Will i need to write any letters to fiat, to see what options if any i have over the car? Need to get something sorted soon, so any advice as what to put in letters would be gratefully appreciated, many thanks for all you've done so far all of u xxx

Hi Angeleyes :)

Have a look here

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca

It's a template of the letter you need to send, send by postal order £10 and remember they have 40 days to comply with your request. Hope this helps.

Hi Maggie

Just Sorting Them Out Now, Will Send Both But Will Have To Wait Till Friday Till I Have The £20, (sorry To Keep Delaying Postggj ) But Havent Got The Twenty Pounds Till Then.

Just Stuck On Number 2 Of The Form, To I Delate It As Sending To Insurance And Fiat Finance And Not A Debt Collection Agency Or Do I Add It? Confused On This Bit. Any Advice Xx

hi postggji

i have used the form as was said, i couldnt see any mention of A Dca but i don't understand what that means, (sorry!)

gonna send one to fiat finance and one to insurer,

dont know who the broker was as the insurance have sent me nothing since phoning!!not sent me policy doc or anything, the only docs i have are the ones on here and a statement of what i owed in feb 09. But no other insurance stuff!?

hopefully will no more when i send letters but as i said wont be sending till friday, have them all sorted now just need to know whether to keep no 2 on list or delate?

love dawnx