Pay up or else from Controlaccount plc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The next letter from them/their associates is this controlaccount letter. This is clearly harassment, who can I report this to?

You can try the cops, but I will tell you now they won't be interested it's all been tried before, but good luck anyway.

Is it worth initiating legal procedings against them for harassment?

No.

Thanks for your help

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hello everyone

I have just received the exact same letter from controlaccount.

To get to this point I've gone through the saga of Euro Car Parks claiming they issued me with a ticket because of failing to pay and display at a sainsbury's car park which is utter rubbish. They must have made some mistake. Anyway, in the last letter I sent them I asked them to desist from pursuing this bogus claim given that they refused to produce evidence that this parking contravention actually took place. I also told them that if they persisted I would report them for harassment.

The next letter from them/their associates is this controlaccount letter. This is clearly harassment, who can I report this to? Is it worth initiating legal procedings against them for harassment?

Thanks for your help

Yes, you can sue Sainsbury's for harassment.

Read Ferguson v British Gas Trading Ltd [2009] EWCA Civ 46 (10 February 2009)

You would need to engage with Sainsburys. Explain the situation, forward copies of all correspondence sent by and recieved by you so far and ask for them to produce evidence and the details of which statute they are pursuing this alleged debt.

Then, depending on what they sent back, you can bring up the British Gas ruling and bring up the subject of harassment and legal action.

Interesting, so you think I should approach Sainsbury's rather than Euro CarParks.

I initially took the view that Sainsbury's would say it had nothing to do with the matter as the car park is run by a separate company (Euro Car Parks) and it is open to the public in general, not just to Sainsbury's customers.

Does anyone else care to opine in this matter?

Interesting, so you think I should approach Sainsbury's rather than Euro CarParks.

I initially took the view that Sainsbury's would say it had nothing to do with the matter as the car park is run by a separate company (Euro Car Parks) and it is open to the public in general, not just to Sainsbury's customers.

Does anyone else care to opine in this matter?

Sainsbury's may not actually be the landowner.

regards

• 4 weeks later...

since parking in a euro car park in chesterfield (1 hour limited time) i received no ticket at the time of the offence but i've received 3 letters threatening me to pay up. at no time have they produced any evidence to back up their claim of overstay and none of the letters have been recorded so they have no proof of delivery. the car park itself has no security cameras so no film evidence. how they think they can get a prosecution beats me. they're now threatening court action and in the latest letter they don't mention a: what the offence was or b: where it took place or c: when it happened. what a bunch of clowns these guys are. last i knew if you take out a small claim the action takes place in the area of the accused not the accuser.

The case can be started in any county court.

The court will then transfer the case automatically to the defendant’s nearest county court if:

• the case is defended, and
  • the claim is for a fixed amount, and
  • the defendant is an individual, not a company.

In other cases, either party can ask for the case to be transferred to another county court.

how unprofitable that would be.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

First, no 'offence' has been committed.

So there can be no 'prosecution'.

This is a civil court matter, so even if they had film 'evidence' what would it show and how would they identify the driver? Which is the person they really need to pursue.

Don't take this matter so seriously, just ignore the clowns.

regards

• 6 months later...

Hey, I am the same, I have just received a letter from Control account plc adding on another £25 + VAT to the original fine. It goes against the grain to keep ignoring them but everyone is saying to just ignore and they will go away eventually. I am going to do that as it seems many people have done the same and eventually they do (Hopefully!!!). Thank you everyone for the replies and comments.

Can I just ask tho, Control Account plc, are they not a company in their own right and now that it has gone to them it is out of the hands of euro carparks?

Any advice greatfully received. Thank you.

:D

• 1 year later...

Just thought i would add that I am following the general advice as well.

I received a Euro car parks ticket on 30.04.11. £50.

Enforcement letter 31.05.00 £70.

Controlaccount letter 06.07.11 £100.

Controlaccount letter 21.07.11 £100 threatening county court judgement.

Also read other sites which also said ignore.

Will keep you posted

• 3 months later...
i think these people are criminal ,they are sending me threatening letters for a parking ticket that was issued when i was in thailand (proof in my passport) also i had the keys to my car with me so no-one else could have used it, are there legal steps i can take?

Hello there and welcome to CAG. If your letters are from a private parking company, please have a read around the forum. From reading the forum for a while, I personally wouldn't bother with the expense and hassle of legal proceedings when you could just ignore them.

I hope the guys will advise further.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum