PCN's and DVLA address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can someone please clear something up for me. I am a bit confused as to the rules on PCNs (from Local Authorities) and the RK address supplied by the DVLA.

So if someone moves house and therefore doesn't get the original paperwork can the council simply amend the address from that supplied by the DVLA? Also can they issue warrants of execution to addresses different to that supplied by the DVLA?

sorry if this seems a really stupid question but I thought I had read somewhere on this forum that warrants of execution could only be issued to the address supplied by the DVLA at the date of the contravention. Is that the case or have i dreamt this up?

I will also put this post on the bailiffs section in case i read it there.

Thanks

Gosh you checked the entire contents of this forum awfully quickly Green and mean! That very clever of you.

I thought you wanted to know if that was fact which it is not. If you wanted to know if you had read it somewhere then you should have made the question clearer? The question is a bit pointless, even if it was on the forum somewhere how could anyone possibly know if you had read it?

I thought you wanted to know if that was fact which it is not.

Then why didn't you just say so without being facetious, or perhaps stating how you know this to be a 'fact'. If you were not being facetious perhaps you should make your answers clearer?

If you wanted to know if you had read it somewhere then you should have made the question clearer?

That's exactly what it said i.e. I think I have read it on here. It was perfectly clear. Try reading it again?

The question is a bit pointless, even if it was on the forum somewhere how could anyone possibly know if you had read it?

Thanks awfully for giving me your valued opinion on the pointlessness of my question. I will endeavour to ask questions which you approve of in future - perhaps you would like to prove read them first?

My question asked if this information was on the forum. Someone would 'possibly know' it was on the forum if they had either a) read it too or b) posted it themselves. Not quite so outlandish and fantastical a question after all then............

Congratulations G&M, you've managed it yet again - insulted another poster with a perfectly reasonably worded query by responding in your usual characteristic abrasive & confrontational literary style.

Diddydog - can't help I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone will be along in due course who can.

Diggydog,

I cannot say whether or not you read it on here or not. What I can say that even if you had, that would not, of itself make it accurate.

The address that the DVLA provides is only an address wher the RK can be reached. But liability for these PCN's does not rest with the RK it rests with the owner who may be a different person at a different address. Thus there would be no point in the legislation stating that warrants may only be served at the address of someone who may not even be liable and which need only be a mail drop!

So , I don't know if you read it or dreamed it but neither matters, it's not correct!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Thanks for that Bernie - that does of course make logical sense. I think I may have confused this with warrants of execution showing a different address to that previously supplied by the DVLA (where all other docs have gone to the old address). Anyway that answers my question so thank you.

Strawdog - glad its not just me! :lol:

Congratulations G&M, you've managed it yet again - insulted another poster with a perfectly reasonably worded query by responding in your usual characteristic abrasive & confrontational literary style.

Diddydog - can't help I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone will be along in due course who can.

I didn't insult anyone I answered a question and in return got a sarcastic reply for my troubles.

Oh so its my fault now for 'taking you the wrong way' is it? Your initial response to my question was curt and decidedly unhelpful. If I had indeed taken you the wrong way, you had the opportunity to advise me of this after it became clear I had found your remark to be offensive. However instead you decided to tell me that my question was badly written and pointless. Its only now that it has backfired on you and other forum users have pointed out that you are generally offensive that you have decided to back pedal furiously and blame it on me.

If you can't take it don't dish it out. And if you have nothing helpful to say, try not saying anything at all.