chris

chriswatkins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

when I phoned to get my bruvs statements I was told that his last payment arrived 2 days late even though I paid it online befor due date, and guess what, yes, cheeky sods are charging £20 late payment fee

CHRIS WATKINS

• 2 weeks later...
:evil: hi there chris l am having problems with capital one bank do you gett a phone call every 8 days? l have gone over my limit on my cards because of there charges as l am new to this webb page site what do i do?
when I phoned to get my bruvs statements I was told that his last payment arrived 2 days late even though I paid it online befor due date, and guess what, yes, cheeky sods are charging £20 late payment fee

Hi Sonya, no I don't get phone calls off them, I rang them and asked for all statements ( that way they don't charge for them ) then when you get them add up all charges, you can go back 6 years, then follow the threads for help on how to claim it back, will help you as much as I can, I am just at the court point with my bank, but need these statements to go further with capital one

CHRIS WATKINS

:evil: hi there chris l am having problems with capital one bank do you gett a phone call every 8 days? l have gone over my limit on my cards because of there charges as l am new to this webb page site what do i do?

hi chris thank you for your reply, l have found all of my statements from capitol one as i have 2 cards and have found the template for the letter so do i send the letter to them with the amounts l am claiming back? As like other people they have charged me for over limit and late charges so thats why my card is over the limit.

thanks

sonya

hi sonya, firstly, if you start your own thread others will read it and they will also help you with your claim.you need to set out all charges, dates, and what the charges are for, if you use the spread sheet it is easier, and send it with your prelim letter, if you go and read some of the other threads they will give you some idea as to how to go on, and how others have got on

CHRIS WATKINS

• 2 weeks later...

hi chris been a week now nothing from cp 1 had phone calls said l was not giving details over phone she got quite snotty and said that anybody could get them off the electrial roll so l said l was protecting my data and then she put the phone down!

they can be quite nasty so l think l need to put this into writing what do you think?

Did you pay 5 working days before the due date, like the statement says? That bit at the bottom that mentions that if you pay by phone, online banking or cheque, to give it 5 working days before the due date?

well, good news, cap one have refunded all the charges on one of the accounts after I sent the LBA, its only £80, but better in our pocket than theirs, still waiting to hear about the other one thats for a bit more £532, so I suppose they will try not to pay that one, have sent the LBA, so will wait and see what happens next

CHRIS WATKINS

wtdb - It doesn't matter whether he did or not, it's irrelevant. The charge is unlawful and OP will get it back.

I'm not saying it's lawful, fair or right, I'm saying if you don't pay by the day it tells you to pay (so the funds are in the account by the due date) he will get a charge (legal or not). If he doesnt want to be surprised by the illegal charges, then pay a few days earlier, it just saves hastle of ringing and writing letters.

I make my payments online ( by the way, I am a she ) I do all payments this way, every body else shows up these payments on the same day, why capital one cannot do the same is beyond me, it goes out of my bank account on the same day.

Tell me wtdb, have you been claiming back charges, if so then why havent you paid your on time

CHRIS WATKINS

I make my payments online ( by the way, I am a she ) I do all payments this way, every body else shows up these payments on the same day, why capital one cannot do the same is beyond me, it goes out of my bank account on the same day.
I'll tell you why, because I asked this on my first day. I asked one of the managers and they said something about it taking 4 working days to be transfered (Which is true, just like a cheque clearing, and this isn't Cap1's fault, it's their bank HSBC that drag their heels). However, cap1 can also see that the payment is on the way. Heck, even if you pay by debit card and it's authorised (they auth every transaction) it takes 2-3 working days to show on the account.

Then I asked someone who'd been there for about 5 years. The real answer is so it tricks people. They want you to fall behind and they get away with it because in small writing underneath it all, it tells you when you should *actually* pay and thus it's "ok" in a legal sense. And it really made me hate that company. I generally have no sympathy for people who fall behind if it's their own fault, but when a company actively tries to put people into debt and over the limit or late payments... GRRRRR!

*** EDIT: THE ABOVE IS MY OPINION OF COURSE :)

Tell me wtdb, have you been claiming back charges, if so then why havent you paid your on time

Because I had some personal problems that meant I was unable to pay for a couple of months. I wont bore you with the details but because I was in a very crappy job with rubbish pay, when I was charged £100-200 a month I could not afford that, so by the end of the month I was overdrawn again simply because it was like being paid £500 a month. I cannot live on £500 a month. So I go overdrawn to pay for things like, oh I dont know, council tax, rent etc, important things, like. And thus I get charged for doing it. Round and round and round and it went on like that for a couple of years. I rang Lloyds TSB every month explaining the situation but they are such ********* they don't give a rats ass and just piling on the charges. I figure its over £2000 over the last 5 years, and I want to get that back :)

I probably could have managed my finances better but I was only 18 when it all started and I didn't know how it all worked. Now I'm with alliance and leicester with an up to date account that's never gone overdrawn.

well I am claiming this money for my brother, he was injured at work which put him on sick for a long time ( he was lucky to survive ) and all he received was £60 a week,so had problems paying, this is life, we dont all just stop paying because we cannot be bothered, we just dont have any money to pay

CHRIS WATKINS

• 2 weeks later...