No Food

jack1966
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

near enough no food left in this home, i signed on two weeks ago and im due to sign again tomorrow, in all this time ive had a £55 giro xxxxx

i called them thursday to ask what was going on and they told me, well you can manage you get tax credits :eek:, i dont. ive had my last tax credit notice which shows £0.00 (oh they owe me £4.26p). x

can anyone say about how much on average we should be getting? there is myself and husband - my son claims his own benefits my other son works. how long will it take to sort - bills are piling up with no means to pay them even token payments.

Edited by jack1966
too much info

I think its £100.95 for a couple and its paid fortnightly in arrears, so if you sign on tomorrow then you will get some money Wednesday, when did you make your claim, about three weeks ago,

If you did then the £55 sounds like your first payment, and you should get the full amount this week

Have you made a claim for housing benefit

there are experts on here who know more about JSA and I am sure will be along shortly to offer your more advice

There's not enough information in your post to know how much you should be receiving, or if you would qualify. What benefit are you claiming? Is it a joint claim? Contributions based, or income based?

Do you have any savings? Have either you or your husband received pay in lieu of notice? Have either of you left work voluntarily?

If you have no means to survive, you can ring Crisis Loans. The phone number varies according to your area, but it is free, and if they decide you are entitled to a Crisis Loan, you can pick up a giro from your local office.

If you are due a payment of benefit, Crisis Loans cannot make a payment and will instead contact the office which processes your benefit to make enquiries as to why the benefit has not been paid, and negotiate with them to sort it out.

Have you had a decision from the processing centre yet to say you are entitled? (Your award notice).

If you haven't had your decision letter I can tell you what the delay indicator is if you tell me what benefit you have claimed.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

hi ive just been finished from work so not sure if its contributions or income based, i dont know much about this stuff, we have no savings, infact we live in an overdraft.

i have put in a claim for jsa, duno if joint or whatever, hubby got a letter to fill in regarding my work ect, filled in and sent they say they cant find it. we were a joint claim before my employment (started work may - finished august no work left).

never left voluntarily, no money in lieu, no moneys due to us

no letters no nothing

guy at benefit office said he would refer my complaint to processing and for someone to give me a call, that was thursday, no call as of yet.

no savings no money

I'll be right with you!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

Right. Given the information (and I am assuming hubbie doesn't work or receive other benefits) then you will receive £100.95 per week for a couple for income based JSA.

The average clearance time for the benefit to be processed (nationally) is 12 working days, but if you are willing to tell me which office you are claiming benefit from (which area processes your benefit), I can give you the figure for their office.

The delay indicator is 3 months. This is how long it can actually take before you can claim consolitary payment.

I would also enquire (ask to speak to a manager if necessary) about interim payments. This is where they pay you a rate of the benefit until your decision is reached. If they decided you did not qualify, they can claim the money back. If they refuse an interim payment you will receive a lump sum of the benefit they owe when your first payment is made.

If you haven't already, get a claim in for council tax benefit, and if you rent, housing benefit (for council accomodation) or Local Housing Allowance (For private let). If you are mortgaged then after 13 weeks of JSA (Income Based) you can apply for mortgage interest relief. This pays the interest on your mortgage, but not the capital.

That means he was probably in reciept of contribution based JSA which is payable for a maximum of six months. He must have reached the end of his claim. (£64.30 per week for 6 months)

Phone the JSA number and make sure it is a joint claim you have in. They may be transferring the claim of your husband's to income based JSA rather than processing your claim. The letter they sent him - the form - sounds like a JSA3 which is the form they send to transfer the benefit.

I'd advise you to ring again and explain you were supposed to get a call back, just to make sure that the claims don't cause problems for each other.

ErikaPNP your a star, i claim atxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, i have put in a claim for housing and council tax, but because my son has just moved back home (he works) they are charging (about )xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxin total until i hand i 5 payslips, he hasnt got them ( i could scream). ive just recieved this letter yesterday.

but thankyou so much for the advise, ive learnt something new

Edited by jack1966
too much info

Ok, that area deals with quite a large volume of claims. The good news is that they have only been outside of the AACT (Acutal average clearance time) once, where it took 15 working days, all others were within 12 working days. However do bear in mind that these figures were before the recession was in full swing so it may take a little bit longer as more claims to JSA benefit are being made with mass redundancies.

As I said, please be sure you ring them to get a clearer picture of the claims. JSA isn't my strongest point but I'll help if I can.

Erika

If a customer has a claim in for JSA IB then it goes over to Conts but he want to add a partner now, is it a new claim or a change of circstumances to the origiinal claim

I am only asking to see if its similar rules to I.S

and there nothing much you dont know :)

Edited by Jack Daniels

JSA (IB) doesn't transfer to conts based, it's the other way about.

I don't know the answer to your question, sorry lol. Each benefit is different and JSA is not my strong point.

I know that with Tax credit whether going from lone parent to couple or vice versa, the claim stops altogether and a new claim is required.

With DWP benefits if a partner dies, and that partner was the main claimant, the claim is closed and the surviving partner must apply in their own right.

With Housing benefit or council tax benefit, if a partner dies, the claim is suspended until they can assess if the surviving partner is entitled on their own, but not stopped. i.e payments are stopped but the claim is not. If the surviving partner is entitled, all payments which had ceased are backdated to (usually) the date of death.

But adding a partner to a JSA claim - beats me! Ask insyder or installspark - they will know!!