Redress from Bank Of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

received letter from BOS admitting mis-selling etc

in the long winded letter it states when i settled the loan in 2006 the amount owed inc PPI was £7880 ...the amount owed if PPI taken off was £6540 , they say they have already refunded the difference £ 1340 to me

then further in letter it says cheque of interest of £675 will be sent in 14 days

im confused , cant speak to anyone until tomorrow as no answer from BOS but anyone a idea of if this means i will be receiving a cheque of BOTH the difference ( £1340 ) and the interest (£675) or just the interest ????????

if they saying i overpaid £1340 at the time of settling the loan as explained above then surely im owed this amount aswell as the interest ???

thank you

I believe what they are saying is: when you settled the loan (presumably early) they refunded the £1340 as a rebate on the PPI and the loan.

What they are now offering IMO is the PPI payments made and the interest on the payments.

However, before you accept make sure you get clarification on what the £675 is for!!

You should check out how many PPI premiums you paid, add them up, add their contractual interest and you should also be entitled to statutory interest at 8% if the PPI was mis-sold and it appears it was for the BOS to be offering a refund.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

hi

what i dont understand tho is the bit about refunding the difference already , saying when i paid off the loan early i paid it with the added PPI on so surely im owed the difference now they admit mis-selling ??

i never received any payment before from BOS so im hoping i get the difference of £1340 plus the interest stated in the letter

When settling any loan early in most cases if not all any PPI rebate will be a faction of the true PPI cost.

So as the was mis-sold you should get the whole PPI cost back.

Was the £1340 the true cost of the PPI Policy ?

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

hi

thanks for reading my thread

how would i know this information ????

Do you think then im owed the differnce , i paid the loan off with the PPi added and BOS have calculated what i would have paid if no PPI added on and thats when they came up with the £1340

am i entitled to this amount PLUS the interest payment stated in the letter ??

thanks for any advice

The Policy cost should be on the loan agreement if it is more than the £1340 then yes you should also have this difference back plus interest at the rate they charged you.

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Excuse me for being so dumb

so what your saying is when i speak to BOS in the morning i should expect them to tell me the cheque will be made up of the £1340 plus the figure of interest stated in the letter ???

i hope so

Nope what im saying is the chances are that your PPI policy cost more than the £1340 they rebated because you settled early.

They kept some of the PPI policy cost for the time the loan was running so you need to find out what the total PPI cost was because the chances are they they owe you the difference between the policy cost and the £1340.

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN