Parking ticket inside B&Q carpark, but friend has paid it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

My mate has recieved a parking ticket from a company called Parking Eye, for overstaying the allowed time within a B&Q carpark.

He recived photo evidence of his car entering at 10.17 and alledgedly leaving at 13.38.

He contacted the company and because he couldnt prove that he was in the carpark on a number of times that day, he ended up in a row with the person on the telephone.

He ended up paying the fine of £50.00 because he could not find any reciepts?

He has now found the reciepts, and this is what they show:

Purchase of 5 items at 10.40 (which would coincide with the photo of him entering the car park at 10.17.

Then at around 13.00 he again went back in there to purchase another item, but this was no good and had to return this , he has a reciept for the refund at 17.45, the reason he hasnt got the original purchase reciept is they took that off him and gave him a refund reciept at the time above.

Is there anyway he can now demand a refund from Parking Eye?

and is there a template available?

Should he contact B&Q and ask for a copy of the original reciept?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

If it were me, I would be down there as early as possible tomorrow, with copies of everything.

Ask to see the manager, hand over the receipt copies, and ask what they intend to do about it.

Tell your friend to inform the manager that he will be contacting the press in 24 hours, unless he get's a full refund, an apology from Parking Eye, and one from B & Q.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Creating as much fuss and trouble in B&Q would be the most successful way of going in my view. Parking Eye will take no interest in you pleading for your money back. They've got it, and it ain't going nowhere near your wallet again.

Hopefully B&Q customer services desk is near the tills and you should make sure your visit is at a very busy time for when you feel it necessary to make some very loud noises over this with many customers overhearing. :)

Edited by crem

Thank you all very much for your replies!

Appologies for not beign able to reply to your suggestions sooner, but have had a number of problems with P.C.

Looking at what everyone has said, the best course of action he can now take is to go to B&Q and make them deal with it, and in the meantime make sure he dosent pay anything like this again...

cheers again all.:D

Hope you go to B&Q and make as much loud conversation as possible by the info desk(shout, talk loudly)embarress them. shout that you spend hundreds in there which will be nothing over the next 30,40,50,60 years!

And that you will tell everyone for the next 10 years not to shop there!

Good luck!

Interesting to know what the experts reply would be to , if the police were called?

I was happy for this to happen at a Tesco a while back...

Interesting to know what the experts reply would be to , if the police were called?

I was happy for this to happen at a Tesco a while back...

Cops would probably just throw you out of the shop, or arrest you for Breach of the Peace if you pushed your luck with them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 4 weeks later...
Personally, I'd turn the tables on them and write to them sending them proof they invoiced incorrectly, giving them 14 days to refund etc..., you know the drill, and then sue them if they don't comply. :-D

Thanks BW,

I think this is the avenue i wish to approach this by:grin: