Being investigated for "failing to apply for job"

HannsG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

... they still expect me to scribble details in their pathetic lil book, the pre-printed example in there 'Went to bakers n asked about job' pretty much sums it up.

Yep. :D

It shows the low expectations they have of jobseekers. Bit like my primary school where we were given picture books to read about the day in the life of a postman, milkman, assembly line operator, etc.

Jobseekers in my town include a former university lecturer and a former City businessman. They are both far better educated than the jobcentre staff and unlikely to want to become a baker's assistant.:roll:

Edited by FitzWilliam

• 3 weeks later...

I never did get a reply from the jobcentre about any of this. For a couple of weeks they did send me letters telling me to keep signing on as normal but they stopped coming about a month ago. I don't know if that's good news or not. Ho hum.

In other news, I did discover a couple of weeks back that their much touted Flexible New Deal initiative lives up to its name and is indeed *very* flexible as I was told when I went in for an interview that I have been on it since the end of May. Which was the first I had heard of it. Apparently I'm up to 'stage 3' already.

They should have replied by now. It's eight weeks and five weeks since you had the two 'doubt has arisen' letters.

What are they playing at? Some bad communication problems there from JCP.

I'm pretty sure you're okay though.

• 1 month later...
They should have replied by now. It's eight weeks and five weeks since you had the two 'doubt has arisen' letters.

What are they playing at? Some bad communication problems there from JCP.

I'm pretty sure you're okay though.

Yeah I heard back from them over the job I applied for by E-mail and they have cleared me of any wrong-doing, which was nice of them.

If this report is accurate, they have been giving me the wrong address to use to send off my evidence, so that might explain the long wait.

Bypass Norwich! Local benefit claimants must read Ipswich Unemployed Action.

• 1 month later...

Just looking around for threads like this one. I received my first ever "doubt" letter at 4pm on Xmas Eve claiming I didn't apply for a job at Spec Savers. This was from early November. I had applied as specified by going in-store and completing an application and handing it back to the spotty teenager. Now they have no record of my application and I have no solid proof I applied.

Has anyone been in this situation before?

Just looking around for threads like this one. I received my first ever "doubt" letter at 4pm on Xmas Eve claiming I didn't apply for a job at Spec Savers. This was from early November. I had applied as specified by going in-store and completing an application and handing it back to the spotty teenager. Now they have no record of my application and I have no solid proof I applied.

Has anyone been in this situation before?

This has been covered a few times in here (sorry havnt got thread links), it would appear that many companies lose or dont receive applications and this then puts the job seeker in a bad light as there is often no way of proving that they did actually apply, for most people applying means posting a letter or emailing but there is often little proof that these were actaully received, at least you went to the store, all you can do is kick up a fuss and tell the job center you did apply !.

Have you been giving in the form asking you to explain why you didnt apply, note that this is a 'loaded question' form, it already assumes you didnt apply, there is no procedure in the job center for 'I did apply and somehow my application is lost' !

Andy

Thanks Andy- Yeah... I received the loaded question form basically accusing me of being a liar unless I can prove otherwise. I returned it by hand and posted in the JCP's mailbox on Xmas Day. I simply stated that I did apply for the job and noted that off my own back I have also signed up for a bunch of their mickey-mouse courses like manual handling. This whole letter makes my blood boil just thinking about it.