egg and dlc

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4101 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hey everyone, i'm new to this website so please be kind.

3 weeks ago i received a phone call from dlc, saying we owed egg 15 missed payments, we told them that our debt was paid in full as we paid our last payment in nov 2008. we then phoned egg to ask for details, they told me they had deleted my account, if that is the case how can we owe then money, we have receive further phonecalls from dlc, we have explained to them that we would not pay a penny till we received proof of missed payments, we have had no respose ( just one of those postcards wanting to come and visit), can any one please help, i have asked my bank for statements dating back to 2002 so i can check for myself. but if they have no account how can we owe them, we have had no reminders or any other written response from egg saying we owed them,

can someone please advise me

many thanks

Hello and Welcome, gmcc75.

Sounds like a phishing trip by dlc. Have you checked your Credit File, when did you ask for your statements.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

i phoned my bank last friday but not received them yet, i'm willing to pay if i missed payments ( which i doubt) surely egg should of sent some demand( it's been 10 months since our final payment). dlc are being a pain with constant call, we have told them to write to us and not phone anymore but they have only sent a little postcard lol ) they really think i'm think and will just pay

thanks for your quick reply

I'd tend to ignore dlc until you get your statements, that way you'll know the score regarding the account closure.

I take it's for a loan, did Egg send you anything when you finished paying it ?

Regards.

Scott.

i think so, we moved back to uk in jan so got rid of all our paperwork (but am sure we did) do i send a letter to egg or dlc?demanding statements and other relevant paperwork,

thanks gayle

Send a SAR to Egg..............

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca.html

Recorded, they then have 40 days to comply.

This will cost you £10, you might be wiser to give them a bit more time to send your statements as they said they would.

Regards.

Scott.

the statements are from my bank so i can check the payments for the loan, they were coing out by Direct debt so i can check if i missed any. egg didn't contact us to say they were getting dlc involved surely they cant do that ?

thanks gayle

If you've been out of the country, how do you know they have'nt.

we contacted them every time we moved with our new address, and our mail was forwarded to our new address, if dlc was able to find us how come egg didnt?

we're forces so we move every 2-3 years, thy sent us mail to cyprus and germany via BFBP( british forces post office)

thanks

For £2 you can get your credit report from Experian, as Maroondevo said. If Egg genuinely got into a muddle, they will have (mis)reported to Experian who would show all the world you missed payments on 15 consecutive months. Egg would also have issue a Default Notice long ago. If none of this has happened, then it looks more like conspiracy than muddle with the DLC trying it on. The full SAR response amounts to a pile of paper one inch thick, and usually takes Egg many weeks. Just a complete reprint of your back statements will come much sooner.

Unless of course, your name is John Smith, with many other John Smiths on BFPO, and wires got crossed all over. The culprits who cause you undeserved distress will have to pay for it when reported to their licensor the OFT.

• Haha 1

thanks will ask egg for subject access report and see what happens! and check all the bank statements ( will be faster than response fome egg)

thanks for all your help