Lowell and Global Debt dilema

Blue Boo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am in dire need of assistance, I have spent a couple of days looking over the threads concerning Lowells and my problem is quite similar. Hopefull some one can help.

After a nasty split up with my husband in 1999, I had all my debts sorted by CAB. Some were written off, some now statute barred and three i have been paying token £1 payments 2 accounts with Global debt and one with 1st credit. Global Debt bullied me into paying £10 per month on one acc and still £1 on the other. Earlier this year i received letters from Lowell Portfolio1 with a reference number i had no knowledge off so i wrote back claiming statute barred as i knew with exception to the ones i was paying the old debts were well over 6 yrs old. Anyway to cut a long story short, they wrote several letters back 1.Lowell Financial -claiming that statute barred was not applicable in this case.2.Lowell Financial -Claiming they are going to visit my home.3.Lowell Portfolio1- stating the account is on hold until they delt with correspondence they had received on my account. These were all date 26/08/09 I had another dated 28/08/09 from Lowell Financial saying they were insrtructed by Lowell Portfolio1 to make an agreement for payment. Today I received a statement from LP1 showing the Credit agreement date 23/06/1999 and the correct reference number, I have now found out regarding this reference number that this is the account that is already being paid token £1 to Global Debt! I have been told i should ask Lowell for a Deed of Assignment and if they can prove they have bought the debt to pay them the £1. But I was not notifyed that this was being passed on and Lowell have not reffered to it being passed on to the either. I am so sorry to go on.... and on....but there is so much more to this story, this is just where we are at present. But I fully understand why people become so irate the tactics that have been used by all of these companies id well below the belt (not that any of them have anything there anyway) So Any advise anyone can give would be so greatfully received.

Many Thanks in advance

Blue Boo.x

Blue Boo 1 - First Direct 0 :razz:

Blue Boo 1 - Global Debt recovery 0:razz:

Ongoing

Boo V GDR - Acc Disputed complaint made :confused:

Boo V 1st Credit -Acc Disputed complaint made:-x

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sam 614,

Wow, Thanx for getting back to me so quickly, The original debt on this acc was for £321.01 the balance they quote now is £247.01, although there should be further payments of £1 to deduct that have been paid to Global.The last letter from Global was 20/03/09 asking to discuss repayment, the balance with them then was £245.01.It looks like the have passed on the debt, but not the payments.

They have not sent the actual Credit Agreement just a statement which shows the agreement date and ref number.

Thanks again

Blue Boo

Ongoing

what was the original debt,loan cc etc - Original debt was a store card from Adams( Childrens clothes)

who was the original creditor - Was and still is Creation Financial Services (formerly Sears Financial)

its from 1999.not statute barred as you have been paying,but still 10 years old.:grin: The 1st contact I had from Lowell was this year, they did not refer to Global and they quoted a direct debit reference number which neither I nor my bank has any record of,So i originally thought they had bought an old debt and were trying thier luck.

what balance are lowell trying to con- £247.01 on this account ( I am also concerned that this may happen with another account I have with Global)

what do you think the balance should be - I have been paying the £1 token pyments to Global for what seems like forever, Lowell claim they received £1 in Jan,Feb and March this year but my DD has still gone out to global in April,May,june,July and Aug as I was not notified they had passed it on. The balance should then be £242.01. (not that it makes much difference at £1 a month)

Ongoing

so you set up a DD for £1 a month to global.and you have not changed it to payment to lowell

they passed it to lowell.they did not tell you that they were selling on.

and lowell did not introduce themselves as the new owners and tell you to pay them direct

and LOWELL had the payments of jan/feb/march.so global are passing the money to lowell.

your DD has still gone out from april to aug and LOWELL claim that they have not had it since march.

something stinks here more than the usual stench that surrounds lowell.

can you answer these ?

lets get these cretins kicked back under their stone

SAM

• Haha 2

BB,

You shouldn't lose a moments sleep over Lowells. They are a bunch of bottom feeders who prey on the public by making hollow threats under various aliases, normally in the form of junk mail.

I have not read a single post on here were they have successfully pursued anyone in court. They are not known as the 'Leeds Losers' for nothing. You'll get plenty of help here shedding yourself of these parasites.

I'd be inclined to think that their involvement signals you are near to seeing the back of the debt!

Hi Sam,

I have tipped your scales, Thanx so much, It helps just to have someone to talk to!

Practically everything you have quoted is correct,

Global have been paid £1 per Month without fault (i still have the letter from Global dated 29/10/2002 asking for the token payment)

The last letter from Global stating "we stongly advise you to telephone IMMEDIATELY on receipt of this letter to discuss the repayment of this debt" ( I ignored it as i made a complaint to them in March about bullying tactics)

The 1st letter from Lowell was to state"What happened? our records show you agreed to pay but for some reason stopped" and they quoted a Direct Debit number that niether my bank nor I had any knowledge of.

Lowells statment shows £3 in payments for Jan,Feb and March so Global must have passed on some payments, just not all.

and yep my DD's have gone out each month without fault.

I hope this answers all the questions? if not please let me know.

and Thank you so much (again)

Ongoing

Hi Spitfire 650,

Thanks for your input I hope you're right, I ve been dealing with my debts for years now and would love to see the light at the end of the tunnel.(and the extra cash in my pocket)

Many Thanks

Sam,

Just a quick query for you, I have another account with global that i pay £10 per month ( I was bullied into this in March this year) can i change this back to the £1 if i send them an updated financial statement?

Cheers

Blue Boo

Edited by Blue Boo

Ongoing

Hi Sam,

I have tipped your scales, Thanx so much, It helps just to have someone to talk to!

Practically everything you have quoted is correct,me knows them well:p

Global have been paid £1 per Month without fault (i still have the letter from Global dated 29/10/2002 asking for the token payment)

The last letter from Global stating "we stongly advise you to telephone IMMEDIATELY on receipt of this letter to discuss the repayment of this debt" ( I ignored it as i made a complaint to them in March about bullying tactics)so they bin it off on lowell

The 1st letter from Lowell was to state"What happened? our records show you agreed to pay but for some reason stopped" and they quoted a Direct Debit number that niether my bank nor I had any knowledge of.very crafty.you did not agree to make payment to them.the DD number was theirs,thats how thick they are.

Lowells statment shows £3 in payments for Jan,Feb and March so Global must have passed on some payments, just not all.lets make it the last money they get.

and yep my DD's have gone out each month without fault.

would cancel as soon as.

I hope this answers all the questions? if not please let me know.

and Thank you so much (again)

you want to close it down now.

either cca request to lowell.they will huff and puff,offer a reduced f&f,then eventually give up.a little bit longer in your case as you have been paying:mad:

or letter to lowell,that i can do for you.get them to back off or else.

pm me if you want.

SAM

Lowell are the bottom of the heap in the DC business, once you have seen them off there is no-one else left below them in the food chain to feed.

Have you requested a copy of the credit agreement(s) under s77/78 of the CCA yet? Bearing in mind the account is ten years old, its unlikely they will be able to produce this, plus Adams went into administration themselves last year.

Sorry Sam, I'm a total newbie "pm" means? DOH :confused:

Ongoing

Hi Spitfire 650,

Thanks for your input I hope you're right, I ve been dealing with my debts for years now and would love to see the light at the end of the tunnel.(and the extra cash in my pocket)

Many Thanks

Sam,

Just a quick query for you, I have another account with global that i pay £10 per month ( I was bullied into this in March this year) can i change this back to the £1 if i send them an updated financial statement?

send cca request to them for this one.hopefully pay them nothing then if they do not obtain one.

if you can not afford £10.you tell them so.you pay what you can afford.and they have no rights to your financial situation:)

Cheers

Blue Boo

SAM

Hi Both,

I have just posted a recorded delivery letter to Lowell today requesting the Credit agreement and also making a complaint of harrassment ( this was due to what i beleived was statute Barred) But i think this letter and their statement crossed in the post. So i'll just have to wait n see what they come back with eh!

Blue Boo.x

Ongoing

Hi Sam...... The giver of great advice and big time stress reducer.:D

I have the signed delivery date of the Lowells (CCA request and complaint) for 05/09/09. Do you know if the 12 +2 days just working days or would it include weekends also?

BIG Thanks for all your help

Definitely Top Lowell lashin Lady lol

Blue Boo

Ongoing

I have been sifting through all my paperwork for these money grabbers (Global Debt Recovery Ltd) and just found a letter from them dated 02/06/05 responding to a Subject Access Request (totally forgotten doing this). All they have sent is 3 computer print out pages, 1 for each account they held. The only info on them is my name/address/reference number/start balance/ current balance etc etc. Each of these accounts has a different status.

1.= Account added on 21/12/01..no payments,transactions and status date 16/01/03 NO CONTACT (this is obviously Statute barred)

2. = Account added on 15/08/02 and shows regular payments from £1 Direct debit (now cancelled as they sold to Lowell ongoing CCA requested)

3. = Account added on 09/09/02 and no transactions paymnets etc up until 2005 when i was bullied into making payments (didnt know about this site back then) But have paid them each month from 2005 to 28/08/09.

My real query is that if this is all they sent me under the SAR request in 2005, (should'nt there be more than just PC screen print out?) What are the chances of them actually having the agreements i have just requested in my recent CCA request?

Much appreciate any help anyone can give, I am so worried that i'll get something wrong and give them the chance of hitting me with full and final settlement request or CCJ etc.

Thanx in advance

Blue Boo

Edited by Blue Boo
spelling oops

Ongoing

Hi Again,

Just a quick update on the status so far, I had 2 letters through the post yesterday from Lowell Financial. The 1st dated 08/09/09 stated :-

"In previous letters sent to you it was made clear that unles an acceptable offer of repayment was made, we would take appropriate steps to recover the amount owing."

"As you have failed to enter into a repayment plan we may instruct an agent in your area to vist your home to discuss repayment of your account.Unless you contact us within the next five days our agent will contact you with a view to arrange a visit Mon to Sat between 8am & 9pm.

To prevent the above action taking place you MUST contact us URGENTLY so we can advise you accordingly."

Signed

Andrew Bartle

Chief Opperations Officer

Then the 2nd letter dated 09/09/09 states:-

We are in receipt of you request for a copy of your credit agreement in accordance with section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit act 1974.

We are requesting a copy of the agreement from the original lender with whom you originally entered into the agreement.

While we endeavour to reply to you with the required information within the prescribed 12 day period under the CCA you will appreciate this is dependant upon receipt of the information from the original creditor.

we will; advise further if it will take longer than the prescribed period.

If you have any queries regarding the above please contact us on 0113 308 6044

Signed

Samantha Barnard

Customer Services

Should I respond to the 1st letter with the template for threatening a doorstep visit (considering that Global Debt have been receiving standing order payments, up to date for this account and not passed the monies on to Lowell) is it best to just ignore it as the 2nd letter is dated for the day after?

Also I have never had a letter from Global debt to say they were passing this on to Lowell!

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Blue Boo

Edited by Blue Boo
Added info

Ongoing

Cheer Sam

Wiil Do, Much appreciated - and saves me the cost of recorded delivery.:)

Hope you've had a good weekend

Blue Boo

Ongoing

Cheer Sam

Wiil Do, Much appreciated - and saves me the cost of recorded delivery.:)and half way to saving all your money that you wont be paying to them:D

Hope you've had a good weekend.

Blue Boo

SAM

Edited by sam614
am thick

Hi Sam,

Just noticed you say "Payed" as in past tense? does this mean that if they don't have the CCA I can claim back what i've already paid them?

I though it mean't that i would not have to pay them from now on?

Cheers Blue Boo

Ongoing