MBNA CCA and FF&S

Al1971
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Would really appreciate MBNA advice.

I have been made redundant and over the last few months I have been negotiating with MBNA for a full and final settlement. The balance is £4500, I am 3 months in arrears but no defaults so far.

Thay offerred £1300 as a "part Settlement" and said in writing that the account would be closed and that they would not come after the rest. Obviously, I would like to negotiate a full and final settlement.

I CCA'd MBNA and received this on a double sided photocopy: MBNAscan1v1.jpg

img002.jpg

Firstly, is this enforceable and if so how can I use it to pressure MBNA into accepting a FF&S

How bad is a Partial Settlement on my credit file? Don't want credit but need to change mortgae in 2011 (with Northern Rock until then)

Any help would be great

Al

Hi,

Have you had a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/199752-mbna-application-agreements-now.html

A partial or short settlement is not what it seems. Once you have paid it, they will sell the ballance on and the collection process will start over again, with a DCA. You need to insist that any settlement is Full and Final.

This will be marked on your credit file and will cause problems.

Thanks Vint1954

Yeah I had a look in the library and was a little confused. There is an identical "credit agreement" :

Enforceablility : There is an issue of legibility so very likely not

However, would be enforceable if a legible document were to be produced because - There is a signature on Page 1 and Prescribed terms on Page 2

Comments: No link between the two pages. Reference to condition 11 on front, but not on back. No default charges detailed as in Note 1:

th_MBNACCA001-1.jpg

th_MBNACCA002.jpg

Think MBNA are trying to suggest that both of these items were both sides of the same document. I can't remember from 2003 but I doubt whether it is an enforceable cca.

So far MBNA say they won't do a FF&S for less than 90% and you have confirmed my fears about a partial settlement.