Fish V MBNA

Fishwife72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have requested from MBNA copies of my original CCA's for two cards which I hold.

They have cashed both cheques sent one for each card.

They have responded with one letter confirming enclosed agreement, terms and statements for my MC however the MC was first taken out in 2003 and the Agreement is dated 1998 when I took my first Visa card with them.

I have been able to get verbal recorded confirmation of the start date of each card and have written back to query why they have sent me the wrong agreements. Does anyone else have experience of this?

I have not yet received anything for the other card, statement, agreement etc and have sent a letter from the libraries here for non receipt of CCA giving a further 21 days- which is up tomorrow. What is my next step with this? Can anyone guide me.:-?

Fishwife

PS DD payments for September will NOT be paid.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:rolleyes:FISHWIFE 72

I will try and get the agreement scanned, however I have looked and there is no mention of either visa or MC- just a tickbox for a WWF card- which is still a WWF card and was taken out at a local show.

The other card I have with them from 2003 was a platinum mastercard and they have sent the old agreement with all other documentation

relating to this new card, they have cashed BOTH cheques though and both requests were sent in separate envelopes.

I did sent cheques but they were not signed by me, banks only do very occasional checks on signatures and providing the cheque is for under £5k. It is very unlikely a cheque would be refused by the bank for £1 even if the signature read mickey mouse. (15+ years working for one of those nasty big boys!!)

The MBNA agreement for 1998 which has been sent has additional terms on a second sheet of paper which MAY have been at the bottom of the page which I signed, although based on this being signed on a clipboard whilst walking around an agricultural show I think it unlikely that this is a one page over A4 document and merely an attempt to make it seem the terms were on a one page document.

• 1 month later...

I have two MBNA cards, despite pointing out their error they are still insisting that my CCA's relate to the wrong cards, surpiringly using the more enforceable of the agreements for the higher balance. Both CCA's have a separate free standing T&C document and only some T&C's on the agreement therefore I am persuing this as only enforceable by court order.

I received a letter claiming to be DCA - vantage - chasing late payment for MBNA despite 'account in dispute' letter but nothing further at present.

Is there any standard behaviour I should expect from MBNA at this point?

I have two MBNA cards, despite pointing out their error they are still insisting that my CCA's relate to the wrong cards, surpiringly using the more enforceable of the agreements for the higher balance. Both CCA's have a separate free standing T&C document and only some T&C's on the agreement therefore I am persuing this as only enforceable by court order.

I received a letter claiming to be DCA - vantage - chasing late payment for MBNA despite 'account in dispute' letter but nothing further at present.

Is there any standard behaviour I should expect from MBNA at this point?

Hi Fishwife,

You can expect threat after threat after threat. MBNA have a very wide-ranging selection of threatograms which is quite surprising considering that they like to tell people that they are a telephone bank and don't deal with matters in writing.

If you want to get an idea of what to expect next, have a look at my thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/86182-fred-bassett-mbna.html#post779349

If you get the 'pink pig' then you can consider yourself a fully paid up member of the MBNA fan club.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Thank you,

Im now perversely curious to find out about the pink pig!!

I am also fighting mbna for my partner, recent cca probably enforceable but they are not acting 'fairly' at all and it makes me more determined to fight them.

Thank you,

Im now perversely curious to find out about the pink pig!!

I am also fighting mbna for my partner, recent cca probably enforceable but they are not acting 'fairly' at all and it makes me more determined to fight them.

Well when you get to the pink pig, you'll have a pretty good idea of what you can expect from MBNA.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 1 year later...