Advice needed about debt owed to CapQuest

adz3785
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi adz,

That's good news anyway..will give you a bit of breathing space to sort it out.

It's up to you depending how urgent it is. At the end of the day if time is crucial you might need to rethink and write with a full and final offer if you get close to applying for your mortgage and the documents haven't come through.

First though it might be an idea to ring the Abbey Data Controllers office and ask them to prioritise your SAR as you have a mortgage application pending and need to sort the matter out urgently.

Elsa x

Im going to speak with the financial advisor who is sorting the mortgage out for us today, to see if the application has been submitted yet.

Once i know that i will ring Abbey to ask them to speed the request up and then if its going to take a while for me to get the documents from Abbey, i will ring Experian to see if they can mark the debt as "In Dispute".

Thanks for the help Elsa.

• 3 weeks later...

Another update.....Ive received a reply from Abbey....

Basically because ive changed address from the one that would be listed on the account, they want me to do a "Change of details form" and to send a copy of my drivers licence, bank statement or utility bill.

Also on the letter is some bollocks about whats currently happening with the bank charges etc...

So ive filled the form out and im going to copy my drivers licence and send it off tomorrow.

Ok so i checked my credit file yesterday and to my surprise the debt from Abbey National has gone!!

However i had a letter waiting for me when i got in from work and it was from CapQuest informing me they are still awaiting correspondance from Abbey and the account would be on hold until then.

What does this mean? lol