kazza2010

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a ticket for parking in a Tesco car park disabled bay. I did not realise it was a disabled bay as it was alongside the trolley store shed in the centre of the car park, quite a along way from the shop entrance. It appears that the disabled markings are on the tarmac surface which was under my car as I reversed in to the space. I have read other forums and I am clinging to the hope that the fine is not legal as they cannot prove that I was the driver on that day. I have ignored the "Charge Certificate" issued by UK Parking Control Ltd so far and I am over the 14 day period allowed for paying a fine of £40.00. I now have a further 14 days but the fine is increased to £70 as I did not settle within the 14 days.

Would like some reassurance on the advice I have had as mentioned above regarding the legality of who parked the car.

I got a ticket for parking in a Tesco car park disabled bay. I did not realise it was a disabled bay as it was alongside the trolley store shed in the centre of the car park, quite a along way from the shop entrance. It appears that the disabled markings are on the tarmac surface which was under my car as I reversed in to the space. I have read other forums and I am clinging to the hope that the fine is not legal as they cannot prove that I was the driver on that day. I have ignored the "Charge Certificate" issued by UK Parking Control Ltd so far and I am over the 14 day period allowed for paying a fine of £40.00. I now have a further 14 days but the fine is increased to £70 as I did not settle within the 14 days.

Would like some reassurance on the advice I have had as mentioned above regarding the legality of who parked the car.

First thing is first- if it is a Private Company, which UKPC are, then you do NOT have a fine, you have a unenforceable invoice.

If you have a read around here of the PPC threads, you will see that the best option is to ignore them unless (very very unlikely) you get a court claim through.

H

Hey Everyone - got a ticket today for parking in a disabled bay in Tesco - 3 year old daughter desperate for a wee - anyone else fought this and won ?? Thankyou !! :-x

Kazza I assume they have sent you a Penalty Charge Notice??

If that is what you received a Notice is not a bill or invoice of goods received or services rendered.

It is the start of a process of communication.

The actual definition in Law of Notice is:

notice

n. 1) information, usually in writing in all legal proceedings, of all documents filed, decisions, requests, motions, petitions, and upcoming dates. Notice is a vital principle of fairness and due process in legal procedure and must be given to both parties, to all those affected by a lawsuit or legal proceeding, to the opposing attorney and to the court.

law.com Law Dictionary

Now it is up to you, you can ignore it or you can counter their Notice with a Notice of your own.

See here for letters:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

I don't have a car but wish I did for such instances.

You could take it to the extreme by showing the DVLA is the owner of the vehicle and you are just the registered keeper if you wanted. I would but i'm a pain in the bottom.

But anyway that is for another day.

If this car park is private property, and not council run, you have got an invoice issued by a Private Parking company.

You do not have a fine, as only the police and councils can fine you.

If you parked on my drive I could not fine you it ain't legal.

What you have is an unenforceable invoice issued by a PPC.

You should do the following;

DO NOT CONTACT THEM, DO NOT PAY THEM AND DO NOT WORRY.

If you contact them in any way they will add you to the “We got a mug pile” and keep pestering you to pay while the threats get even more desperate.

This company will threaten you with we will take your house, wife, kids(they'd soon send them back) and other threat they can think of.

All this is bluff and bully tactics to pay the invoice( Parking Charge Notice).

Ignore it all as its all one big letter [problem] to make you pay

dpick

Kazza I assume they have sent you a Penalty Charge Notice??

If that is what you received a Notice is not a bill or invoice of goods received or services rendered.

It is the start of a process of communication.

The actual definition in Law of Notice is:

notice

n. 1) information, usually in writing in all legal proceedings, of all documents filed, decisions, requests, motions, petitions, and upcoming dates. Notice is a vital principle of fairness and due process in legal procedure and must be given to both parties, to all those affected by a lawsuit or legal proceeding, to the opposing attorney and to the court.

law.com Law Dictionary

Now it is up to you, you can ignore it or you can counter their Notice with a Notice of your own.

See here for letters:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

I don't have a car but wish I did for such instances.

You could take it to the extreme by showing the DVLA is the owner of the vehicle and you are just the registered keeper if you wanted. I would but i'm a pain in the bottom.

But anyway that is for another day.

Agreed. You can have fun with them by sending a back a Notice noticing their Notice but for most people ignoring proves the best action. Any communication with a PPC results in a larger flurry of 'scary' letters. While they may not scare people who understand what is going on they do scare a lot of people. Good to see a post from someone who recognises a V62 for what is. Please stick around.

You could take it to the extreme by showing the DVLA is the owner of the vehicle and you are just the registered keeper if you wanted.

Absolute tosh. This subject has been done to death about DVLA owning your vehicle. Even a letter posted on the tpuc website from DVLA under threat of perjury stating that they never take ownership of a registered vehicle, has been suitably ignored by the so called FOL because it doesn't suit their conspiracy theory. But it's all there in black and white:

Tpuc.org Forum • View topic - DVLA admittance of non ownership.