BOS V Kingbottler - earnings arrestment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks, I've been lurking here reading al the great help. To cut along story. My BOS loan was so far down the line they took me to court and began an earnings arrestment. Until me landing here I didn't think I could challenge this. I CCA'd BOS who have not returned anything. This is now the 42nd day.

Can I set aside this judgement if BOS cannot find the CCA? How do I do this, and what would your advice be next?

Best Regards

KB

Hi Kingbottler and welcome to CAG, creditors have 12+2 working days to respond to a CCA request, so that time has now well past, you can now send them the follow up letter informing them that the account is in dispute and that you are withholding payments until they produce a valid CCA. I dont have direct experience of how to go about getting a set aside, someone who does will be along.

Edited by blueda
added content.

do not withold payments, well you cant with a wages arrestment anyway.

youcan only recall a decree within 14 days after it has been granted or 14 days from a charge of payment

If you want to recall the decree you will need to complete this:

http://www.govanlc.com/form_30_30a.pdf

and this:

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/sheriff/small_claims/SmallClaimsChapters/Chapter%2022.pdf

from your post it take it your recevied the court papaers bu did not acknowledge them?

when was the decree granted? and when did the wages arresment start?

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 1 month later...

IDA thanks for this. I realised that my cca hadn't reached them as royal mail has lost it despite recorded delivery!

Anyway I re-sent and have received the response attached from Bos.

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx19/kingbottler/bos-letter-return1.jpg

"from your post it take it your recevied the court papaers bu did not acknowledge them?"

when was the decree granted? and when did the wages arresment start?

I may have signed for court papers but did not contest.

Quite a few years ago is the answer to wages arrestment and decree start date.

Am I still in a position I can challenge the decree?

Cheers

KB

Edited by kingbottler
link working now

you are out of time to recall a decree and you can't say that you had no knowlegde due to the wages arressment i'm afraid :(

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

you are out of time to recall a decree and you can't say that you had no knowlegde due to the wages arressment i'm afraid :(

ida x

Is there any other approach I can take? Surely if BOS cannot find the cca it is illegal to collect it?

Are there know means of me repealing this?

Additionally ppi was included in my loan and would not payou, when part redundancy occurred. This was added to the amount of the loan. Is this legal?

Cheers

KB

there is no way of appealing that i can find i'm afraid outwth the days of recall unless you had no knowledge of it at all.

it certainly does not stop you reclaiming back any unfair charges or PPI on it

you could send a sar to get the info needed to do this to wrk out how much you can claim back

ida x

• 2 months later...
there is no way of appealing that i can find i'm afraid outwth the days of recall unless you had no knowledge of it at all.

it certainly does not stop you reclaiming back any unfair charges or PPI on it

you could send a sar to get the info needed to do this to wrk out how much you can claim back

ida x

Hi Folks,

I've just received my SAR for the above and would be grateful if anyone would like to comment on what may be construed as a CCA.

It was filled in at time of application.

BOS have already stated as above they cannot find the CCA. Might they pretend this is the CCA?

What is everyone's view to it's enforcability?

On a futher point I wish to claim on PPI misselling as you can see this was included in the loan agreement I subsequently found I couldn't claim upon this so believe I was missold this as I was not given an option or choice.

Thanks

KB

th_bos-cca.jpg

No CCA = unenforcable. I dont have experience of reclaiming PPI, someone should be along to advise you.

Thanks for this :)

Would anyone regard the attached document above as an 'Enforcable' CCA agreement?

Oh and any PPI experts like to comment!

Cheers

KB

hiya

did you sign this within the bank itself?

the cca looks ok and yes if your were missold PPi you can reclaim it

hiya

did you sign this within the bank itself?

the cca looks ok and yes if your were missold PPi you can reclaim it

Hey Ida,

Thanks for getting back. Your comments are very helpful.

I did sign this within the bank in a half hour meeting. I do feel I did not get the opportunity to properly review this and PPI was automatically included.

I was reading somewhere here a precedent had been set when an individual's cca was deemed unenforcable by inclusion of ppi by default.

Am I correct in this?

Cheers

KB

PPi is not something i know enough off

maybe make a post in the PPI forum

Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - The Consumer Forums