Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4101 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:D

With any luck you'll also be able to track down the directors home addresses !

Me? A little terrier.?.never....:D

Once you've put all the information together and called the OFT, you should speak to your local Trading Standards and make a complaint to them.

I'd also be considering making a small claim against the company pretty sharpish, but that's me...

That sounds like a good move,iv'e just come back to thread to print some stuff off,gather what info i can,with the help of you wonderful people here iv'e got plenty.

Now Off to 118 to see if i can find a contact number.

We would make a good team,my kids call me little arnie,I'll be back:p:D

I may be in need of some assistance when it comes to small claims court never been down that route,but 300 quid is alot of money to most people.

You might also like to use this to get a free credit report on the company.

https://www.freesearch.graydon.co.uk/Gateway_core/html/Graydon_FreeSearch.html

You can only use the site once unless you go through another ISP..as long as the email addy you give is valid..don't worry about the rest. You don't have to enter any payment details to use it and the report is instant. A small number of reports aren't available on the free service but for the most part they all are.

I'll just add in that I have no connection with Graydon at all, it's just a company I have used before including the free search.

Got the company report,and the best bit i found the home address of the director i dealt with.

can't locate a telephone number though,still i got enough to going on with.

Thanks for the link.:)

With any luck you'll also be able to track down the directors home addresses !

Me? A little terrier.?.never....:D

Once you've put all the information together and called the OFT, you should speak to your local Trading Standards and make a complaint to them.

I'd also be considering making a small claim against the company pretty sharpish, but that's me...

The company are listed as a building and roofing company:confused:

I took your advice and looked at how to make a claim in the small claims court.

I found money claims on-line too,what would be the best route to take?,i would appreiciate your opinion before i start anything.

I have never done anything like this before it seems quite daunting to say the least.

But i want to try and retreive my money and start the ball rolling asap.

The problem with SC is that you may get a judgment in your favour, but if the company has gone under, you may be throwing good money after bad. Just make sure that there is actually someone at the other end who does have the money to pay up and/or has assets to seize in the end. ;-)

PS: As this is now gone beyond the cry for sympathy and onto a more beliigerent mode, maybe this should be moved out of the BG and in a "proper" forum? ;-)

The problem with SC is that you may get a judgment in your favour, but if the company has gone under, you may be throwing good money after bad. Just make sure that there is actually someone at the other end who does have the money to pay up and/or has assets to seize in the end. ;-)

PS: As this is now gone beyond the cry for sympathy and onto a more beliigerent mode, maybe this should be moved out of the BG and in a "proper" forum? ;-)

Good idea bookworm,i'll start a new thread,i'll take on board what you said about the SC,the company has gone under.:Cry:

Thank you for replying it helped a great deal;)