In need of a shoulder

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

O.k,i'm feeling really down in the dumps,in june i paid a company £300,they claimed they could write off unenforceable credit agreements.

last contact i had with them was early july when i was told a solicitor was dealing with my case,i had been told the agreement was unenforceable.

Tried contacting them today because all was very quite,the e-mail bounced back,the phone line is dead and the website has dissapeared.

I got ripped off and they sounded like such nice people too,they even offered me a job as an agent:eek:.

Just a warning to other's,be careful who you deal with:-(

Aww, babes, that really is crap. :-( {{{HUGS}}}

It's all the more galling when I bet that now you know you can do it all yourself FOC with the help of this site.

You're right though, BE CAREFUL WHO YOU DEAL WITH.

If ANYONE asks for an upfront fee, never never ever agree. If they are sure of their results, they will do it from what they regain.

There's nothing these ambulance-chasers can do better than you can do, and you will be a lot more motivated than anyone, because it's YOUR money, YOUR life, YOUR fight. They're only in it for money, and they don't care whose it is. You are in it to regain peace of mind, dignity and so other many things.

C'me on, chin up, shoulders straight, dust yourself off and back on track. You've been had, well, most of us have been at one time or another, don't beat yourself up about it. Chalk it down to experience at least you won't get ripped off again will you? ;-)

Onwards and upwards, my lovey, CAG is here for you and it cost nothing. :-)

Awww bookworm thank you,with hindsight there were things i should of checked and did'nt,but thats a wonderful thing hindsight.

Thanks for the hug,i needed it,i feel more stupid than anything,the worst part is hubby did'nt agree with me doing it and i went ahead anyway.

I have to tell him now,when he gets home,i'm not worried about telling him i know he'll give me a hug and put it down to a bad expeirience,your right these people are in it for money,the greed takes over any morals they may have had.I don't understand dishonesty,they say money is the root of all evil.

I'm not going to dwell on it,it's time for the stiff upper lip and soldier on.

I wanted to share this so others are aware there are such sharks out there.

Now time to study the DIY method on here me thinks:-)

bsj I am so sorry you have been conned, £300 is a hell of a lot of money for anyone to loose. Let us help you claim you money back on here for free at least you will have nothing to loose and everything to gain. If you read the faqs they will let you know how to see if your agreements are enfoceable

Hi bsj

Sending you a big support hug>>>>>

There are always unscrupilous scumbags out there praying on the naive.

As bookie says name and shame them here, not that I think they will show any shame or remorse.

hug.jpg

Post the website and lets take a gander at them.

Also, look at things a diferent way... £300 for them to do the paperwork isn't cheep, but you thaught it was a good deal at the time. You're gonna have to do a bit more printing / writing letters but you'll achieve the result yourself and probably feel more empowered at the end of the journey.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thank you everyone,the hugs are most welcome.:)

The company in question is called

Credit Checker UK Limited

Briggs house

26 Commercial Road

Lower Parkstone

Poole

Dorset

BH14 OJR

I cant find the website now,i'll keep looking.

every contact point seems to be dead:-(

I can't beleive i was so stupid,i have the details of the transaction as i paid by debit card.

The only reason i did it this way was to stop a DCA getting sold the account after battle with the OC and to stop a default being placed on my file,the only way to do this is the given method here on CAG.

A sharp lesson learnt today.At least the £300 did'nt go to a DCA lol:lol:

There is some comfort.;)

Have you started a thread for this yet so we can all muck in and help??

And BTW, you're not the only one who's been duped, I paid a fortune to a DMC to deal with creditors who were hassling me and ended up with a CCJ and the comment... don't worry about it, nearly everyones got one these days..:rolleyes:

Onwards and upwards as Bookie says..:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

I feel for you bsj - that is really horrible.

Look on the bright side, we all live & learn & most of us here are only here because we lived before we learnt. :rolleyes: You'll be really wise by the time you're 90 & hopefully a helluva lot richer with the support of others on CAG.

Start a thread for the agreement you are disputing & post the link here - we'll all take a look. :)

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Name & Registered Office:

CREDIT CHECKER UK LIMITED

JAMES HOUSE

40 LAGLAND STREET

POOLE

DORSET

UNITED KINGDOM

BH15 1QG

Company No. 06730360

Thats the information from CREDIT CHECKER UK LIMITED, company number 06730360, credit report, annual accounts and free company monitoring that I found from a google search.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I hav'nt started a thread on the credit agreement as yet,i will do though.

Just told hubby and he laughed at me and said oh well it's the economic climate even companies like this are suffering.

He did take it very well and we ended up laughing,got to keep the sense of humour:D.

Iv'e spent hours googling and came up with nothing.

Locutus, thank you, thank you, thank you,i'm really grateful for your help

seems they have a different address to the one i have hmm.

A little detective work pays dividends,well i'm not going to let it lie,lets see what i can do as regard to getting my money back.;-)

Thank you everybody I'm glad i joined this site,it has a real community feel to it.(((((((hugs))))))).

INFO ON COMPANIES HOUSE

One of the Directors has just resigned - trouble at mill

Company Filing History Include Allotment of Sharesspacer.gif

TypeDateDescriptionOrder

288b 08/08/2009DIRECTOR RESIGNED DEREK LOW

288a 24/03/2009DIRECTOR APPOINTED MARTIN RICHARD HORWOOD

NEWINC22/10/2008INCORPORATION DOCUMENTS

CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION

STATEMENT OF DIRECTORS & REGISTERED OFFICE

DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE

MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION

ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION

Great minds wino,i got the same info.

But thank you.

The director i spoke to on many occasions was Martin Horwood,he even offered me a job as an agent for the company,we had some lenghty conversations,very pleasant and well spoken.

I can't get a telephone number for them tried 192 business,118 is the same result.The one i do have is unobtainable.

I had a look at the google map for both postcodes,it doe's look like offices,it seems they may of have gone bust.

As has been said,brush myself off and start that thread.

Edited by bsj

I had a call from one of these companies claiming they could write my debts off, I told them I had already done it, they asked me how I did it and I replied "I ain't giving you any info...." I've had six companies claiming they cann write off my credit card debt, trouble is I've never had a credit card (YES CAPITAL ONE YOU HEARD THAT CORRECTLY YET AGAIN) so there isn't any credit card debt to be wiped out or 'removed'!

They have joined the bandwagon and hopefully now the MOJ seem to want to use their teeth they will all fall down (along with the non-existant cards they claim to be able to wipe out!). That might be why the website has vanished, the MOJ may have closed them down.

It looks like it's the case sillygirl.

All their paperwork stated they were authorised by the MoJ.

We've had alot of these cold calls too,and mail claiming they can write off our debts.

My problem is a crap one card,because this company were dealing with it,i have to cca them as soon as i have the agreement or not as the is more likely to be from what i can gather,i'll start my thread.

so onward and upward:)

Have you started a thread for this yet so we can all muck in and help??

And BTW, you're not the only one who's been duped, I paid a fortune to a DMC to deal with creditors who were hassling me and ended up with a CCJ and the comment... don't worry about it, nearly everyones got one these days..:rolleyes:

Onwards and upwards as Bookie says..:D

I suppose i'm fortunate that i don't have a CCJ....yet!

The company got the agreement,or so they said so i have to start from srcatch.

My first task is getting the agreement myself.

Iv'e read some dire posts about DMP's on here,there will always be poeple and companies that take advantage of people in debt:-x

Still i learnt a valuable lesson.........;)

I feel for you bsj - that is really horrible.

Look on the bright side, we all live & learn & most of us here are only here because we lived before we learnt. :rolleyes: You'll be really wise by the time you're 90 & hopefully a helluva lot richer with the support of others on CAG.

Start a thread for the agreement you are disputing & post the link here - we'll all take a look. :)

I'm over the half way mark to 90:D

Never to old to learn eh,i'll be starting that thread real soon;-)

keep an eye out for me,i need adult supervision :D:eek:

This might be of use as well..

Public Register

Public Register

If Low resigned, then Horwood has no CCL. It lapsed in 2008 and it doesn't appear that the company has one in under their trading name or under their registered company no.

It's worth getting the OFT to have a closer look..if you know what I mean :D

Edited by Crapstone

You might also like to use this to get a free credit report on the company.

https://www.freesearch.graydon.co.uk/Gateway_core/html/Graydon_FreeSearch.html

You can only use the site once unless you go through another ISP..as long as the email addy you give is valid..don't worry about the rest. You don't have to enter any payment details to use it and the report is instant. A small number of reports aren't available on the free service but for the most part they all are.

I'll just add in that I have no connection with Graydon at all, it's just a company I have used before including the free search.

With any luck you'll also be able to track down the directors home addresses !

Me? A little terrier.?.never....:D

Once you've put all the information together and called the OFT, you should speak to your local Trading Standards and make a complaint to them.

I'd also be considering making a small claim against the company pretty sharpish, but that's me...

Edited by Crapstone

Im in Poole 2morrow. I will check out the premises.:mad:

It wont be during office hours, but i can phone you if you PM me a name and contact number.

Do you want me to put " The Boys " on standby:p;)

Wow now that would be great,I had a look on google earth and the premises do look like offices.

But i'd be grateful of any info you can find out.:)

Don't let "The Boys" get too heavy a slap round the face with a wet kipper might be enough:p:D