another DPS question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

New here and looking for some advice as seen some really wonder brains here.

I have served my notice to my landlord that I am going to vacant his property after a month. Being here for aprox 2 years. Now I know he never protected my deposit despite reminding him several time, despite no major issues, he never provided gas safety certificates ever as well. There was no inventory when we moved in.

Now the problem is that I am bit hesitant to pay my last rent, I know this is completely wrong, and I have never done it, but the only reason is that landlord said replied to me after my notice, that he want house in perfect condition and upon inventor he will return my deposit..

Another issue here is that there was mould in the toilet ceiling, which he fixed once, now it appears again, and since there is no inventory, he can charge me to fix this again as previously he blamed that to us as well that we don't keep windows open, we must open our windows (which are single glazed btw.)

Anyway, long story short, just need an advice, shall I pay him the rent and hope that he will refund the full deposit or simply withhold it to avoid complications.

Thanks for your time

Amg

Edited by amg77
change of title

Amg,

Pay the last months rent, otherwise your position legally is somewhat tenuous. If the landlord does not return your deposit in full, you have him by the short and curlies since he hasn't placed your deposit in a protection scheme and you can take him to court for 3x this amount.

Maursh