Halifax Credit Card & Charlotte Gurnell!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NB: THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH HALFAX CREDIT CARD, IF IT'S IN THE WRONG SECTION MODS PLS MOE, THANKS

First of all does Ms Gurnell even exist???? I've lost count of the amount of times I've written a specific letter to this "woman" and I've received nothing but a random automated response!

Basically for the past year I've been battling with Halifax to agree to me paying a reduced amount . I had been the previous year, but it ran out and all they had to do was basically look at my financial statement once again and re-new it. Anyway long story short they just kept on going around and around in circles, until I eventually had to report it to the FOS; which by the way is crap. Sorry, but they are, as I am back to handling this issue with Halifax myself.

My query is this; Halifax referred it to a debt collection agency and I told the FOS that I am not paying the debt collection agency as I have been trying to sort this out with them for a year and they have been ignoring all my letters. FOS told me I HAD to pay the debt collectors and not only that I wont receive my statements any more from Halifax! So lividly I took the matter into my own hands and wrote back to Halifax. They didn't acknowledge anything in my letter but once again said I had to send my financial statement!!!! arrrghh but oddly enough, I've had two statements from them, it includes the reduced amount I was supposed to be paying to albion (debt collectors) and it also includes no interest!

Do you think I should bother writing back to them again asking for written confirmation of my agreement or not????

NB: THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH HALFAX CREDIT CARD, IF IT'S IN THE WRONG SECTION MODS PLS MOE, THANKS

First of all does Ms Gurnell even exist???? I've lost count of the amount of times I've written a specific letter to this "woman" and I've received nothing but a random automated response!

Basically for the past year I've been battling with Halifax to agree to me paying a reduced amount . I had been the previous year, but it ran out and all they had to do was basically look at my financial statement once again and re-new it. Anyway long story short they just kept on going around and around in circles, until I eventually had to report it to the FOS; which by the way is crap. Sorry, but they are, as I am back to handling this issue with Halifax myself.

My query is this; Halifax referred it to a debt collection agency and I told the FOS that I am not paying the debt collection agency as I have been trying to sort this out with them for a year and they have been ignoring all my letters. FOS told me I HAD to pay the debt collectors and not only that I wont receive my statements any more from Halifax! So lividly I took the matter into my own hands and wrote back to Halifax. They didn't acknowledge anything in my letter but once again said I had to send my financial statement!!!! arrrghh but oddly enough, I've had two statements from them, it includes the reduced amount I was supposed to be paying to albion (debt collectors) and it also includes no interest!

Do you think I should bother writing back to them again asking for written confirmation of my agreement or not????

She just follows a proceedure. I asked the question some time ago about her existence.

Send Halifax this, then post the agreement that they send you. If they have not responded in 12 +2 working days, then there is a second letter to send.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to the alleged debt to your company, this letter is a formal request of true copy of a signed and dated credit agreement for the above account number, under the terms and conditions of section 78(1) of the CCA act 1974. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £1.00

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit.

I enclose a postal order no xxxxxxxxxxxxxx in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

She just follows a proceedure. I asked the question some time ago about her existence.

Send Halifax this, then post the agreement that they send you. If they have not responded in 12 +2 working days, then there is a second letter to send.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to the alleged debt to your company, this letter is a formal request of true copy of a signed and dated credit agreement for the above account number, under the terms and conditions of section 78(1) of the CCA act 1974. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £1.00

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit.

I enclose a postal order no xxxxxxxxxxxxxx in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Thanks vint. Why am I requesting this? Have they breached something by referring it to the debt collectors? Who am i posting the agreement to Albion???

Thanks vint. Why am I requesting this? Have they breached something by referring it to the debt collectors? Who am i posting the agreement to Albion???

You are requesting this to see if they have an enforcable agreement, as you mentioned earlier. If Albion have purchaced your debt, then it should go to them.

You are requesting this to see if they have an enforcable agreement, as you mentioned earlier. If Albion have purchaced your debt, then it should go to them.

ok if they have then what??? as Halifax has let this escalate over year. Surely i can dispute it? Also, i have not received any more letters from albion and halifax have continued to send me my statements, apparantly, if its with a debt collector they no longer do that

Quote: Do you think I should bother writing back to them again asking for written confirmation of my agreement or not????

What reason do you think that you need to see your agreement? If you are looking to continue with reduced payments, then an IE form will let them see what you can afford.

If you are looking to question your agreement, then you will need to send the CCA request to get a copy.

You will need a reason to dispute the debt, if that is what you want to acheive.

If you are still getting statements, then the debt is still with Halifax.

Quote: Do you think I should bother writing back to them again asking for written confirmation of my agreement or not????

What reason do you think that you need to see your agreement? If you are looking to continue with reduced payments, then an IE form will let them see what you can afford.

If you are looking to question your agreement, then you will need to send the CCA request to get a copy.

You will need a reason to dispute the debt, if that is what you want to acheive.

If you are still getting statements, then the debt is still with Halifax.

I just want to have written confirmation that they set me up on the repayment. Just to cover my own back really, they wrote to confirm it before....