Champagneblade vs Barclaycard

Champagneblade
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I've been with Barclaycard since I was 18, now 29 and they owe me £200.00 over the last 3 years.

I thought it would be better to get this running and then perhaps persue the previous three years separately as the microfiche [problem] seems a real hurdle, that I haven't seen conclusively overcome on here.

I have heard back from my initial request suggesting they will get back to me some time before Armageddon, so I'm now sending them the letter before action, the initial 14 days having expired yesterday.

I'm taking the standard letter and adding a further line of indignation based on the fact I have been with them a whole 11 years!

Let's see how we go.

Good luck with it all!

Libertie:)

Halifax prelim 23/5/06, LBA sent 31/5/06, moneyclaim 27/6/06, Halifax intend to defend, halifax paid up!19/7/06:D Donation made.

Amex prelim 22/5/06, LBA sent 5/6/06, Final LBA sent 9/6/06, settled 30/6/06:D Donation made.

Barclaycard prelim 26/5/06, LBA sent 9/6/06......to be contd

HSBC prelim sent 6/9/06, LBA sent 19/9/06, MCOL 12/10/06....

When you say you havent seen the fice [problem] overcome conclusively what are you expecting to see?

FWIW if you follow the logical path and take them to court for an order from the courts forcing them you provide the data would this help?

If so thatts the route mapped out for you if you follow the process otlined on this site.

Its of course up to you, you could etimate the final three years based on the statements you have and go for the whole six years.

If youre feeling brave you could awlasy estimate for the period you have had you account for, 11 years i thik you said. At £200 for three years youd stil be in the small claims court too.

Just a thought.

Glenn

PS welcome to the board

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Just a note to say that I estmated for the years that are on Microfinche and I sent a letter asking for £1200. I received an offer of £300. I will now speak to them on Monday, as I found with MNBA that I was able to sort it out over the phone and got all £720 back in charges from them.

Just a note to say that I estmated for the years that are on Microfinche and I sent a letter asking for £1200. I received an offer of £300. I will now speak to them on Monday, as I found with MNBA that I was able to sort it out over the phone and got all £720 back in charges from them.

Just a word of warning, I understand many people with mbna have sorted their claims out over the phone, however should MBNA change their views on giving money away, and if you havent followed some sort of procedure then you may end up back at square one.

Barclaycard may settle over the phone too, i dont know, but you are running a risk that if things dont go the way you want you may loose out.

The choice is for the claimant to make but you should realise that whatever they say and however nice they are, they are trying to limit their costs, not be nice to you, its business and no more.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I must confess I am uncertain over the charges for the first three years and am looking to sort out the outstanding charges I know, i.e the last 3 years.

Thye have offered me £80.00 out of £200.00.

Is it better to accept £80.00 as partial payment and explain you are still persuing the remainder in a letter before action, or is it better to refuse this offer outright and then persue for the lot + interest?

Cheers