Intrum Justitia/NatWest debt

Adamvito
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

IJ and GPB work (or used to work) from the same building in Stratford Upon Avon.

They haven't sent the account back to Nasty Wets, they've simply taken it to another desk, or more likely changed the paper in the printer.

Google Map link: the building on the corner of the A3400 is IJ. GPB used to operate from 1 Clopton Road.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=52.196577,-1.71036&num=1&t=h&sll=52.201881,-1.709643&sspn=0.011783,0.007974&hl=en&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=A3400,+Stratford-Upon-Avon,+Warwickshire+CV37+0,+United+Kingdom&ll=52.196399,-1.710337&spn=0.002062,0.005681&z=18

Edited by Adam69
Map

Any advice or opinion given is done so in the spirit of goodwill and assistance, but please note I'm not legally trained or qualified, only hoping to help. My advice or opinion is based on experience in my life, and research from forums such as this and other useful sites.

Please seek professional legal advice if you are in any doubt about what to do next with your personal case.

There are many threads on this forum to help you and I do recommend searching around to see what steps others have taken. You're in good hands with CAG-

buy a ConsumerActionGroup.co.uk email address, and help to keep this forum going!

If you like what I say, feel free to give those scales a tickle :-)

keep your chin up .

i am watching your thread with interest as these" little monkeys"have been putting me thru the same as you.

i have asked them to prove the debt and am now sitting much more comfortably awaiting their reply. i was getting really upset over this but after the help and advice i recieved from here , i feel so much better.

i can now raise a laugh.

good luck . you are not alone.

IJ and GPB work (or used to work) from the same building in Stratford Upon Avon.

They haven't sent the account back to Nasty Wets, they've simply taken it to another desk, or more likely changed the paper in the printer.

Google Map link: the building on the corner of the A3400 is IJ. GPB used to operate from 1 Clopton Road.

52.196577,-1.71036 - Google Maps

I think that IJ found Stratford Upon Avon too posh & moved to Liverpool some time ago. Maybe the monkeys in Stratford weren't aggressive enough ...

Hi guys,

thought I would let you all know how my phone call with Intrum went today.

I have to add first, what i forgot to mention in earlier posts is that I did write a leter to Nat West complaints department regarding the collection procedures of Intrum ect ect and the money i had already paid them(£100 or so). I received an aplogy reply that said the money had been deducted from the ammount outstanding but that they were looking to recover the debt.

Anyway...

I called Intrum Today and asked to speak to a call centre manager as per 2Grumpy's advice (cheers). The Woman i spoke to was supprisingly helpfull and very polite but this didn't fool me.

I explained to her that I was requesting that my number was to be removed from their database and that I do not want to recieve any more calls from their company as the debt is now back in the hands of Nat West.

She told me that as i had complained to Nat West and that there was an ammount removed from the account, Nat West saw this as a "satisfied or resolved complaint" and has therefore passed it back To Intrum to recover, hence all the phone calls.

She had no idea who GPB are and couldnt explain why i received a letter from them!!!!!

She agreed to remove my number from the system and then informed me that i would need to re-submit my CCA request in order for them to obtain a copy of the agreement. This dosent make sense to me. If they couldnt provide a CCA on my first request, how will they provide it the second time around, or does this mean they didnt even bother the first time?

Unlucky Howler, at least we're in it together.

You know the answer to "who are GPB" - they are IJs solicitors

Presumably there is a name on the bottom of that letter and a reference

Try ringing GPB, tell them that you are trying to find out if a letter that you received supposedly from them on IJs behalf was sent by them or IJ.

Given the date & reference number they should tell you. (I made a similar call a few years ago, though not neccessarily to this lot)

I received letters from IJs sols after they had supposedly handed the account back to Natwest.

If you received the letter from GPB after you sent the CCA request, how can they justify what they are saying? If that is the case, return the original CCA letter to them with a copy of their reply & remind them that you were receiving correspondence from them after they returned the letter, so stop playing about & supply the CCA, & that the clock started x days ago.

Firstly, its advisable not to speak to any DCA over the phone, keep it in writing and then at least you have a copy of anything discussed.

Secondly, if Nat West still own the account the s77/s78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 request should be made to them. IJ are just a debt collection agency if you have not received a Notice Of Assignment and would only forward your request to Nat West.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a letter from Intrum today...Thoughts? Think this is their way of trying to wriggle their way out of not sending me the original CCA after i called them about the harrasing phone calls.

Letter goes.........

I can confirm that we received a request from you for information under the consumer credit act on 7th September 2009. National Westminister Bank had requested we close your account that day, therefore a letter confirming that Intrum Justitia were no longer dealing was issued to you.

However, on the 22nd September 2009 National Westminister Bank confirmed to us that they had supplied you with the relevent information and requested we continue collection activity.

In light of the concerns you have raised in your communication, we have reffered this matter to National Westminister Bank for their instructions and will contact you once a reply is received. A hold has been placed onto ypur account.

Should you be unhappy with our companys response, you have the right to refer this matter to the financial Ombudsman service within six months. I have enclosed a relevant Financial Ombudsman Service leaflet which contains further information and contact details.

I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. If you require any further assistance ect ect..

NatWest never supplied me with my CCA as i didnt request it with them, i just complained about Intrum to them via letter and they wiped the payments i had made to intrum from the loan account. WTF!!

So Nat West deducted the payments you made to IJ from your account.

Again IJ are just a collection agent and that's it, they don't own the account.

If you have not been supplied with a copy of the executed agreement by Nat West (a copy of recent terms & conditions with this is your agreement at the top don't count) then they have not discharged their obligations under the law, and no one should be attempting collection on the account.

This has been clarified by the Office Of Fair Trading - but as with a lot of these things banks like to have plausible deniability and will place the blame on a DCA for collecting whilst they are legally barred.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

If you have any further problems with IJ, Remind Nat West that they have as yet to discharge their duties under s77/s78 in providing you with a copy of the executed agreement.

As clarified by the OFT a creditor is not entitled to enforce the agreement AT ALL either with or without a court order until the have complied. Which means no requests for payment either in writing or over the phone. (can give you a copy of this if you need it).

If they choose to persist with unlawful requests for payment you will report both IJ and Nat West to the OFT over their actions.

• 3 weeks later...

Liverpool debt collection agency to cut jobs

Sep 2 2009 by Tony McDonough, Liverpool Echo

Add a comment

Recommend

THE Liverpool office of a debt collection agency will see staff numbers cut “substantially” after the company announced it was scaling back its UK business.

Swedish group Intrum Justitia yesterday said it was looking to axe 247 jobs in its UK arm.

Most of those roles will be axed from its UK head office in Liverpool, although the company would not reveal how many people will lose their jobs.

It follows a turbulent few months for Intrum’s UK arm.

In April, it said it wanted to expand its Liverpool base and take on at least 100 new staff.

But days later, the Swedish parent group said it had no plans to expand in the UK, and several days later it announced Chris Savage had resigned as regional managing director.

Liverpool debt collection agency to cut jobs

Sep 2 2009 by Tony McDonough, Liverpool Echo

Add a comment

Recommend

THE Liverpool office of a debt collection agency will see staff numbers cut “substantially” after the company announced it was scaling back its UK business.

Swedish group Intrum Justitia yesterday said it was looking to axe 247 jobs in its UK arm.

Most of those roles will be axed from its UK head office in Liverpool, although the company would not reveal how many people will lose their jobs.

It follows a turbulent few months for Intrum’s UK arm.

In April, it said it wanted to expand its Liverpool base and take on at least 100 new staff.

But days later, the Swedish parent group said it had no plans to expand in the UK, and several days later it announced Chris Savage had resigned as regional managing director.:D

• 2 months later...