Help with Charging order and deeds to property!!

Saffron1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am currently in the process of taking over the mortgage for a property currently on a joint mortgage with my ex. He is happy for me to take over the mortgage and remove his name off the deeds, great! Until I found out there is a charging order on his half of the property from a ccj. I am not buying him out of the property just taking over the mortagage. I would say at a push there is 7k equity in the property.

Can I do this or will the charging order stay on the property? or is this classed as fraud? we are doing it for speed as I can not raise any money to buy him out and can not carry on breathing the same air!!!!!

I would really appreciate any help and advice.

Thank you x

I would say you need to contact your conveyancing solicitor and make him/her aware of the situation as soon as possible.

It is unlikley that the creditor who holds the security would allow such a charge to be moved in this way---and they have a right to know but your solicitor should know this??

The way to make it happen for you is seemingly the way you cannot afford which is you get a completley new deal for the property having paid off the charging interest---other than that your OH will have to stay on the mortgage so that he still has an interest in the asset

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)