Internet Purchase / Problem returning goods for a refund / Retailer goes out of business!

onlyonestop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

My credit card company says it cannot help me with the following problem:

I bought clothes online and within the 7 working day returns guideline I told the retailer that I wished to return a number of items (as they didn't fit). I experienced hostility from said retailer and was told that I wouldn't receive all my money back for the refund and that the company was closing down. Obviously worried I was going to lose my money, I rang my credit card company and was told that they would investigate the matter after I tendered my returns; I was advised to keep hold of the goods and to compile a dossier of all my correspondence etc... Subsequently the card company have now just responded with a brief letter telling me that they cannot do anything to help and to contact Citizens Advice! Two months after being advised they could get me a chargeback on my account.

Is there really nothing they can do for me?!!

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Guest Old_andrew2018

IMHO as the goods aren't faulty, (unless the retailer supplied the wrong size) the CC aren't obliged to do a charge back.

Edited by old_andrew2007

HAS the retailer gone bust? If they haven't they still have obligations to provide you with goods and as it was an online purchase, you have rights under the Distance Selling Regulations.

Who was your bank - not HBOS by any chance? They go through this fake 'investigation' sequence and this consoles people, nly to find the credit removed and it is too late to do anything else.