Littlewoods Catalogue!!!!!!!!!!

mango1212
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks

I wonder if anyone could tell me what to do here. I had an account with Littlewoods from 2006'ish, and paid regularly.

Out of the blue about a year ago, i recieved a statement with another account number on it, saying i was owe then £206. I checked to see if my name was on the statement and it was. I phoned Littlewoods, and got a nasty woman, who told me it was my second account!. I told her i did'nt have a second account, why would I when i have one already. It turned out it was for a pair of sandals i had ordered, and instead of adding them to my account, a new one was made up.

Fast forward to 6th May 09 and i get a letter from Russel & Aitken solicitors who say they are dealing with Debt Managers for this "bogus" account. I phoned Debt Managers on the 8th May 09, and got a lovely lady, who said she would apply to Littlewoods for a spreadsheet of my account, and that the a/c would be on hold till all information was received. I honestly thought i would hear from her saying there was a mistake.

Fast Forwatd again, to July 09 and i have a man at the doorstep from Credit Security Ltd, saying he was collecting on behalf of JD Williams!!. The amount being £403. I was totally taken aback, and said that the a/c was in dispute, but her persuaded me to pay a token amount of £20 per month to avoid llegal action being taken. So thats what i have done for the past 2 months.

I received a letter today (4months later) from Debt Managers saying that the a/c balance is right £206. and enclosed a spreadsheet from Littlewoods. The problem is, the "bogus a/c" number is missing, and they are using my original a/c number??.

So now i have 2 DCA's each with a different amount, and i am completely bamboozled. There is no way i am owe £206, but they have created a spread sheet to make it look like i do.

Sorry this has been long, but can anyone advise me of my next step.

With regard to the CCA request enclose a £1 postal order and send by Recorded Delivery. If, after 12+2 working days they do not send a valid Agreement you should stop all payments. If they do return what they state is your Agreement, remove identifying info and post on here.

Do not talk to them on the phone or at the door, tell them in writing only.

I'm sorry but I would cease paying the money until this is sorted out completley otherwise it can spirial out of controll. Have you got the shoes and how much did it cost. Beware of littlewoods. When I was at uni in 95/96 they tried to make me pay for a pair of mens size 10 shoes, and levi jeans that i didnt order. When I asked for a copy of my signauter they ignored me and kept asking me who else uses the cataologe i kept insisting that they send me a copy of my signature in the end they stopped because they know i dint order from them.

Be aware yes the people i spoke to was very rude.

Never talk to anyone at the door. do not let them presure you.

Hello Mango,

Well done on finding CAG and taking control :)

Littlewoods are very sloppy with their accounts, there's a good chance they've nothing with your signature on.

However I wouldn't personally advise withholding payment until the 12 + 2 days from sending your CCA request are up..you can then legally withhold payment until they supply a valid agreement, T&C's and a statement of account. You then have the moral highground. ;) (Important if it ever got to court)

The next step, if they fail to comply, is to send an account in dispute letter .

Also follow Harrassed Senior's and 42mans excellent advice and do the Subject Access Request if there's likely to be unfair charges on the account etc.

Take care,

Elsa x

Thanks guys for your replies. All Littlewoods sent was a statement for the past 3 years, with my original account number. There is no mention on there for the £6 sandals i bought (in a sale).

The alleged second account would have been the £6 sandals and the rest would be charges.

It also says i defaulted on the 16/02/09 and the balance £206.72 was sold. I don't understand why i have 2 DCA's harrassing me. In total they allege i owe in the region of £650!!. There is no way on earth i am owe that. I will send off the letters on Monday and wait for the 12+2 days to pass. I am willing to pay the £6, but definately not the charges.

As for the DCA from Credit Security Ltd, he is due to visit this Friday for another payment. Should i just tell him to go away, until this mess is cleared up? He said to pay something every month to stop legal action being taken.

My scanner is not working so i can't scan the statement, but it says Debits: £891.05.....Goods £633.05......Charges £258.00. In the second column it says Credits: £684.33....Payments: £684.33.

Cheers

As for the DCA from Credit Security Ltd, he is due to visit this Friday for another payment. Should i just tell him to go away, until this mess is cleared up? He said to pay something every month to stop legal action being taken.

I just want to add that the doorstep collector is most likely working on commission so wont be best pleased when you tell him to bog off.

Remember that all he is is a doorstep collector and cannot demand anything. Doorstep collectors have no more powers than the milkman.

He will most likely try and feed you with lies about what 'MAY' happen to get you to pay him.

Once you have delivered your message (account is in dispute), I suggest you close the door and walk away.

Thanks guys for your responses. I will take great delight in telling him to bog off, then firmly shutting the door. You have given me the backbone to do this.

Anne

ps. Have just remembered that i won't be here on Friday, i'm off to visit my son for the weekend. I hope he does'nt go to my neighbours doors.

Thanks Elsa,

I forgot i was leaving on Friday, and i don't want him going to my neighbours asking where i am.

I'm normally quite a strong person, but this carry on with littlewoods has left me completely baffled. I can't understand why there is 2 DCA's on the case with 2 different amounts and accounts!.

If i leave it to go to court, then surely the sherrif would see what a mess this is.

Thanks for the support, this gives me the boost to see this through.

Anne

A bit more Sunday morning light reading for you :)

Take a look at The Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance paper HERE

This will give you a firm idea of your rights, and help you frame a letter of complaint to the OFT on the methods being used against you.

The most obvious transgressions:

using more than one debt collection business at the same time

resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different parties

d.

not ensuring that an adequate history of the debt is passed on as

appropriate resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different

parties

e.

not informing the debtor when their case has been passed on to a

different debt collector

Hi Elsa, I'm glad to know that someone else is up early on a Sunday morning lol.

I have been reading the posts suggested by havinastella, and they make for good reading.

My cca letter will be sent directly to Littlewoods tomorrow. I'm not disputing the fact that i have an account with them, its the second account they say i have, that i'm disputing. Plus the fact i have 2 DCA's chasing me, and the amounts are different as well. Do i have to cca the DCA's as well as Littlewoods?

All Littlewoods sent to Debt Managers was a spreadsheet with 3 years transactions on it, and to be honest it did'nt make any sense to me. There was no mention of the second account on it. The amount they say i'm due is less than i know i'm owe them lol.

Will keep you informed.

Anne

Hi Mango,

Yep I'm cursed with an internal alarm set for 5.45am!

As 42man says, send a SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST to Littlewoods (not CCA) and send a CCA request to BOTH debt collectors. This should stop them both in their tracks until they comply.

From Littlewoods you'll get the full account data held on you, so it should explain the mixup, plus you'll probably get a CCA thrown in (IF they have one!)

Elsa x