Clamped after parking in same spot for a year!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I've been parking in the same spot for about a year now, behind the back of a dis-used 'No Frills' building in the old loading bay along with about another 20 or so cars. Although I knew that this bit of land was classed as privite land, there have never been any signs in place.

I parked up as usual yesterday, only to find my car clamped upon my return from work just after 5pm.:mad: On further inspection, I found some signs that had been put up over the bank holiday weekend. When I phoned the number stated, the guy said that these signs had been up for 2 weeks, which I disputed straight away, as I knew that they had not.

I've checked the SIA number and they are registered, however, when I try to search for the company that he is sub-letted to, I am unable to find them on the internet, as I am going to contend this charge and you can only do so in writing.

The company refused to accept credit card/visa & would only accept cash payment (£100), as I needed my car, I had no choice but to pay.

I have since done some research on clamping and have found out that;

1. The clamper (although registered) did not show or identify himself via his ID badge.

2. That I had not seen the signs before parking up & in theory, I did not give permission for my car to be clamped (who would?!) as clearly stated by the law.

Has anyone actually won a refund from clampers by dis-puting the charge & do I have a leg to stand on when trying to claim my money back?

How do I find out who owns this land, to make sure that these clampers were actually acting on behalf of the owners?

The company in question is;

1st response Security LTD

25 Leigh Street

Sheffield

S9 2PR

Many thanks.

artwork_750

Have a look at the clamping guide in the stickies section at the top of this forum and post back if you have any questions. It was written to include some remedies and help you with a possible court case.

To answer your question about winning claims. Yes people have won their cases and some have even been paid back.

You should be able to find out who owns the land from the land registry. You should definitely find this out. You need to sue the clampers and the landowner (clampers have a notorious habit of ignoring CCJ's or closing down a business and re-starting as another).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------