I need to buy MS Office

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

before end of September as I'm currently using trial.

MS quoting £75. Is it possible to get anywhere cheaper?

Just thought I'd check as I found out the hard way it is possible to get cheaper internet security protection (after I'd paid top price for the year) so in future will check on here before I buy anything!

Thanks

Jan

PC world have a deal on and Amazon have it slightly cheeper I believe

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Or, if you know someone else with the same version of office as you have, the licence is sometimes for more than 1 person. maybe they'll let you use their key?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks.

will try Open Office and see how I get on.

Don't know anyone with spare key but do know someone I could go halves with if I go that route - hadn't thought of that!

Always worth asking the question on here!

Jan

Tried Open Office link and it says you have to pay - they want my card details. Its very cheap but would rather try trial version first as I know MS Word inside out so want to see how similar it is before buying.

Am I doing something wrong?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Right, don't mess about with that site any more. It's come up as a fraudulent site when I've had a look at it. I don't know how to do a link to the real site and I don't think I'm allowed to put the proper web address on here.

Google Open Office and have a look at the one without 'suite' in the web address.

Must type faster - beaten to it by someone who does know how to do links :)

Edited by hightail

Double click the address bar with the link, hold CTRL and press C, then when you're typing press CRTL + V.

Links to commercial sites is not allowed... I'm not 100% sure if open office is allowed... CAGBOT will pay me a visit if it's not allowed and I'll know for the future.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Open Office can be found on many a PC Mag Cover disk. PCPro springs to mind. There is also Lotus Symphony - more modern layout than OO but based on it -free also. If you really need Office and are a registered student, ie college Uni or Open University, then you can get M$ Office for £45.00! Star Office is a commercial version of Open Office, by Sun Corp. There are all based on similar file formats, just the layout is different.

Hiya Jan,

Great your sorted, oh and never pay for any software as there is always a free program out there that is equally as good.

Just post here if you need anything else.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 4 weeks later...

MS Office ISN'T £75 - only a cut down version (not all ancillary programs) and licenced only for Students in full-time education whilst at home/college. This only allows a single install. The full unrestricted version allows 2, possibly 3 installs. The licence will explain what uses are allowed.

For students with a valid university email address :-

Office '07 ultimate for £39.50. Can get windows 7 for £30 aswell.

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/education/studentoffer/

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

MS Office ISN'T £75 - only a cut down version (not all ancillary programs) and licenced only for Students in full-time education whilst at home/college. This only allows a single install. The full unrestricted version allows 2, possibly 3 installs. The licence will explain what uses are allowed.

That's what MS quoted me as my trial was running out. I just assumed it included Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access and didn't look at number of licences.

I'm happy with Open Office because the Textwriter is similar to the old version of Word - I hate the new one.

And so is a 17 year old college student I passed on the download info to - all her college have probably downloaded it by now!