LLoyds tsb can not find charges on my file

Satoriea
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning to all,

I wrote to lloyds tsb requesting my credit card charges. After many weeks they have written back they havent been able to trace any charges applied on my account.

They didnt send me back the £10.00 I sent them. Instead they have thrown it back onto my face and ask that I supply evedience that charges have been applied. Obviously if I had them I wouldnt have requested them.

This credit card was previously accucard issued by lloyds, then lloyds took over completely. They havent sent me no paper work whatsoever just a letter.

No list of my expenditure in and out. I shave made them stop the interest on my account after they had reinstated it. Charging me £4.60 when ~I could only afford to pay them £5.00 a month. the debt is a little over £200.

Any advice. I am going to write to them about the £10.00 postal order I sent and refuse payment as they may owe me money.

thanks

They have provided absoultly nothing. They sent me a letter previously stating there is no charges on my account. So i said if there is no charges where is my £10.00 I sent them. And I said until they find them I'm not paying a penny on my account. Then a few weeks later today they sent me the same letter asking me to provide the evedence. HA HA HA. Jokers. I dont think they have my file as it was previously with accucard. So they woukld be better off writing of the debt. Any ideas what i should tell them.

Did you use the template Subject Access Rights Notification template on this site when you sent the £10. The fact that they have not been able to find any charges is completely irrelevant. They have to comply with the SARN and send all relevant data to you covered by the SARN within 40 days.

Hopefully this isn't the case but lots have people have had problems just writing to the banks and asking for details of charges. Even if they enclosed the £10, they won't get what they're looking for. In these circumstances rather than playing fair, the banks exploit the error as much as they can.

If you did send a full SAR template request letter, then you need to remind them what is required for them to send.

Unfortunately, there is no 'quick fix' and you will need to follow the steps are suggested on this thread.

When did you CCA them to know they had nothing to produce as this alone should have put the account in unenforcable dispute.

Perhaps you could expand the information in the order in which you carried out the tasks and we can all take it a step at a time.

I first sent them the letter and I recieved a very short letter saying there is no charges on this file. I then asked

This was dated 12.06.09

Card Services

LLoyds TSB Bank PLC

PO Box 13130

BN1 4UZ

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number:

I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for late payments or going over my credit limit that I have paid on the above account(s) over the last six years.

Please find enclosed a cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements going back six years; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to by law.

If you store any of the older records on microfiche, please be aware that the Information Commissioner deems this to be a relevant filing system under the Act. As such, any microfiche data must be sent to me in fully legible and comprehensible form.

I look forward to your response within 40 days, as Lloyds TSB is obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.

Yours faithfully,

second letter

Dear Sirs,

I’m writing in regards to the above account. I received a letter stating that here were no charges applied to my account. But you have not returned the £10. Postal order. Please be advised that I have letters with charges. All I want is all charges that have been applied to my account. As you are aware my card was previously Accucard and my above account no has been changed since.

Also I know charges where applied to my account because as long as a customer pays the minimum amount, you would not have transferred me to the collection department as I would have been paying an acceptable amount to yourselves.

Please do not play dumb. Please forward all information on my account, so I may bring my account up to date.

My other concern is the lack of response to a letter I wrote to you regarding interest on my account. I explained that I wanted my account to be transferred to the collections department as I could no longer afford to pay for the £5.00 a month. It’s coming on two months and I have not heard anything.

I have not made any payments towards my account and will continue until my account is sorted and up to date. Please be advised that I will not be paying any charges or interest on the above account.

I want my account to be transferred to the collections department where all interest will be stopped and a new payment plan put in place.

I want all charges that applied to my account sent to me.

Also please explain to me, how can I have money available to spend, if I have no actual credit card.??? I know that you are aware that I have no credit card because I have not been issued with one in years.

Please be respond in 14 days.

Yours Sincerely

Edited by Satoriea
take out name

I don't see anything wrong with the first letter although I think (and I stand to be corrected) that it's an old version of the SARN. You might be better off sending something like this...

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-

Do you have any of your card statements that show any charges?

no it was an online account and I didnt even print any statements off. Then LLoyds took over blah blah. The two charges I remember recieving for £20.00 was when I made an agreemnet and I forgot to pay and they charged me. But this was all b4 I knew about claiming charges so I might have thrown them out.

ok i will thanks. I cant wait to sort out my debts 4 still to go. I had about 10 two years ago. Building myself up psychologically to get my charges even for the ones that I have already paid. Its so hard to find the strength. Especially when the debt has been paid.

ok i will thanks. I cant wait to sort out my debts 4 still to go. I had about 10 two years ago. Building myself up psychologically to get my charges even for the ones that I have already paid. Its so hard to find the strength. Especially when the debt has been paid.

Been there done that. I got almost £12k back in charges from my mortgage company and Abbey well after I was financially back on my feet. You will find that it feels good to be able to hit back at them for making a bad situation worse and their arrogance in believing that they are above the law.

tell me more on mortgage charges I was repossed and fell behind on payments they even lied in court and stated they were in no recipt of payments of benefits when they were getting £200 a month from the dwp. The judge didnt even care. does this include interest on the charges