Littlewoods extra now VERY - agreements?

intree
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have had a account with Littlewoods since 2001, however they recently changed there name to Very and I am having extreme difficulty making arrangements with repayments with them.

They have not sent me a agreement, as yet as they state they are arranging for this to be sent to me within 21 days.

I have a balance of £2500 but not sure how to proceed and if they do have enforceable agreements, can they just change there name and continue with the old agreement etc.

Thank you as always

If they haven't sent you a copy of the CCA (which for a catalogue debt probably doesn't exist) within 14 days of you requesting it and sending the statutory fee of £1, then you should send them the account in dispute letter from the templates on this site.

Until they supply the CCA you are at liberty to stop making payments to them. They should also cease all collection activity.

As for the change of name, it all depends what's in the credit agreement (if it exists). Normally, however, changes of name and sale of the business would be covered there. It's very unlikely to give you an avenue of attack of itself.

no, they sent nothing just moved from LXDIRECT TO VERY, i called them and they informed me that it was the same account from 2001, but only the name has changed as they are phasing out Littlewoods extra??

So just as surprised as everyone when the new statements came through the post, I am still able to log in to the site with the old details, and the statements do show items bought under LX Direct last year.:confused:

Thanks cerbersualert

• 2 weeks later...

littlewoods have sent no agreement but have confirmed that they are searching archives with Flexi Account as it was with them the account was opened, they seem to assume they have the agreement from 2001, I have a balance of £2400 paying nothing for 12 months at the moment, but they have been very annoying over the last few months.

They have applied charges etc so a bit worried as I have seen they have issued a agreement from 2001 to another cagger on this site which is enforecable

any advise appreciated.

They always seem to assume they have an agreement until they can't find it.

As Cerberusalert states they very rarely find/have them.

Now is not the time to panic. Just see what they send you/don't send you

Andy...

ok thanks for that Andy, I will wait a little longer..........its just that I am trying to sort out my affairs once and for all, and start again, so any hiccups just cause me distress.................hope they go away ....

• 1 month later...

Hi Just received a response from Littlewoods - they have no agreement but stated as the items are on 0% for 6 months the agreement has not commenced so they can ask for the goods back, however they have not said much else other than the fact that the agreement is valid as I have bought items from them on account.

Not sure what to do now as they have not said theyw ill not collect or stated that the account is in dispute still.

Any advice really appreciated.

thanks

I had the same sort of problem as yourself. I recieved a letter from a DCA... CCA'd them and after 38 days recieved a letter from them saying the account had been closed and returned to OC, due to the OC not having any paper work on the account.

Also a letter from Littlewoods stating they have no agreement, and would not be persueing.

littlewoods have stated they do not have a agreement and are searching, they have asked for a further 10 days, they also state that there is a implied agreement in that I have ordered goods on Buy now pay later which now form the agreement, since they are to be paid for in 6 months.

They are indicating that the account was originally a index extra account Flex account opened in 2001 and then a LXDIRECT then VERY, but have not sent me the signed agreement, they have stated that these accounts often do have a agreement and they are searching for it.

Just wandering if that is true and if the Flex account was one which the agreements are available or are they just bluffing.

They also rejected any offers to make payments, stating the full amount is due, this was the 2nd letter received as the 1st was posted to me and the other came to my neighbours house, which they gave to me today.

after 6 years the details will drop of you credit file

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Have they sent you a signed CCA (who am I kidding, they won't have). Send them the account in default letter. They may well place a default on your account (they did with mine) but that just stays there for 6 years from it being placed on initially and then falls off your record. You are not obliged to make any payment until they supply you with a signed CCA.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin: