tescos and faulty laptop

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4099 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi

my husband purchased me a pink medion laptop from tesco's, christmas 2007, the laptop delveloped a major fault roughly 14 months after purchase, one night using laptop horrible smell came from under keyboard like tcp, and then it would not charge. we contacted tesco who did give us a 50% refund, only 50% as they said general wear and tear etc, personally i was not happy with this, but now hearing about the new eu rule that goods should be guaranteed for 2 years. do you think i would have a good case at getting the other 50% back? considering it cost £450.00 and only lasted a short while, they never even asked for the laptop back for possible repair etc.

any advice appreciated.

many thanks

kim

Have you accepted the money?

yes i did, it was a cheque, did not have to sign anything though. doubt if i will get anymore out of tescos, but worth asking. really annoying though, i would not pay £210 for something that is only going to last just over a year.

thanks

nilrs

You might be able to, but I wouldn't be 100% sure, you could go on the tact of that I was unaware of my rights at the time. I used that with TOMTOM, a week ago and it worked for me, but i was not offered any money back, but it had already been repaired(1). So you could try it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]