o2 large bill for stolen phone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all , whilst away for a weekend in spain i now relised i lost my phone . I rarely use that pone in uk as i have a work phone . three weeks after arrivin home i received my monthly bill for £2700 my useull bill is £10 as again i dont use it . All the calls are made from spain over a 10 day period when i was not there which i can prove with flight details and passport stamps . Although on my statement it ses have a call credit limit of £75 o2 say it takes at least 48 hours to register with them , I also had a insurance claim denied becouse not reported within 48 hours . Although i can prove that i neather mede these calls o2 say im liable up untell reported stolen . Is there anything that can be done to at least reduce this bill as i have no way of payin it .

1st Welcome to CAG :)

The £75 limit is there to protect the network, not you unfortunately. You are responsible for the use.

I'd write to them to barter them down... explain that £2700 over a 10 day period equals 270 per day, on average. 1st day it went over £75 and then a further 2 days of 270 for the 48 hour thing to kick in = £810 you'll agree your liable for... just try to get them down see if you can get anywhere maybe?

I'm not clued up on the insurance side of things I'll let someone more knowledgeable than myself in that area give their views.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

You really need to look at your insurance fine print. What they pay out for can be very limited, but your house/holiday insurance may also be options to explore. Unfortunately, as you've discovered, your responsibility doesn;t ent with your proving you didn;t make the calls - you have to pay for all use of your handset (under contract). If you did not use the SIM lock (a PIN required when the phone is switched on) some firms look upon this as contributory negligence (as they provided the tools to protect yourself, and you didn't use them). So watch out for the question!