Moorcroft chasing Water debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this moorcroft dont seem to have a clue my hubby had a letter this morning saying that he has defaulted on his account with them even though they have set up a dd with him,so there will more than likly be charges put on his account that they will be expecting us to pay they realy are dumb ppl that work for them how can you default when they have set up a dd or is it me thats being dumb and not got a clue????

this moorcroft dont seem to have a clue my hubby had a letter this morning saying that he has defaulted on his account with them even though they have set up a dd with him,so there will more than likly be charges put on his account that they will be expecting us to pay they realy are dumb ppl that work for them how can you default when they have set up a dd or is it me thats being dumb and not got a clue????

I would write back and state that has the DD is obviously not working properly you are going to cancel it and if they want their money they can re-apply to set one up on the correct date, and that any charges applied due to their incompetence had better be removed.

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

I wouldn't phone them either, write only. I'm lucky as none of my creditors know my phone number, but I underatand their phone call can be unpleasent to say the least and (shock horror) some have been rumered to tell porkies!

I'd also cancell the DD on line if at all possible. you can never trust these bank types over the phone. More's the pity, I'm sure they used to be honourable in the "olden days".

• 2 months later...

lololol sorry twofoot didnt start my own thread as the question was for my cousin and i dont know all the details she just asked me to find out for her so this was the first sight i found with moorcroft....so sorry but will start a thread now....thanks for the slap lol

hi all just have a little question my cousin has a debt that is being dealt with by moorcroft and she has been paying by dd monthly now her circumstances have changed and she cant keep up the payments what will happen to her if she stops paying...dont know to many details but if you need more will find them out.....

is that better twofoot lol

hi all just have a little question my cousin has a debt that is being dealt with by moorcroft and she has been paying by dd monthly now her circumstances have changed and she cant keep up the payments what will happen to her if she stops paying...dont know to many details but if you need more will find them out.....

is that better twofoot lol

First course of action is to contact them explaining the situation. If they refuse to help, then send out the CCA request. After 12 days + 2, if they have not responded, then payments can legally be witheld until they do.

A little more history may help.

thanks for that just spoke to my cousin for some more info and i goes like this.....

the debt is for water rates just before xmas a man called to say that he was from moorcroft and he needed to sort out a payment plan with her so she did it was originally for £30 per month which he came round and collected from her every month for 4 months then he asked her to set up a dd with moorcroft which she did at £40 i know that this dont sound much but at the moment she is on little money and her partner is not in work at the moment..so i suggested that she cancelled the dd as when the guy cam he did not do a levy (not sure if dca do these) so i was also thinking would she be able to stop the dd and pay the water company in stead would they now except payments from her as she has been paying moorcroft..hope this makes sense..

A Utility Bill is not normally covered by the CCA 1974 so a CCA request is pointless.

Cancel the Direct Debit with Moorcrap immediatley. Never complete a DD for any DCA as they can take whatever they want with it.

She should contact the Utility company Direct and see if she can negotiate a payment she can afford

NEVER EVER give your bank details or card details to a DCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have been known to take what they want whenever they want without permission...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

thanks for your help all...

have just told my cousin to get down to the bank and cancel the dd have also just e mailed the water company asking them to take the debt back...if they dont can i still pay the water company on line instead of the bailiff????

Has there been a court judgement?

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Well then the guy that has been collecting isn't a certified bailiff and if he is he's breaking the law!

thanks for your help all...

have just told my cousin to get down to the bank and cancel the dd have also just e mailed the water company asking them to take the debt back...if they dont can i still pay the water company on line instead of the bailiff????

bailiff? he is no more one than you are... refuse to pay him pay the utility company what you can afford no more no less, do not overstretch yourself and make sure you can afford what you offer.. i would cut them out of the loop altogether

thanks so much for all your help...she has cancelled the dd and i have e mailed the water company now its just wait and see will be writing a nice letter to moorcroft in the morning and telling them to very politely leave her alone and as for the man who came i have since found out that he is a local man and as i live no where moorcrofts offices i am assuming that he is self employed there for he would have to be certified (i think) please correct me if im wrong...also i done a search on all bailiffs and he no certified bailiffs work for moorcroft.

• 2 weeks later...

have just had an e mail off the water company regarding my cousins account they have said that they will not take the account back from moorcroft and that she should keep paying them.....can anyone please advise us on what the next step would be many thanks all...

Hi, here is a letter I sent to my supplier when they got MOREcroft to write to me.

The end result was £170 off the outstanding bill.

Maybe this will give you some idea what to write;

Mr Bill Shidding,

1, Bust Street,

Skintville,

Planet Earth

##/##/####

Customer number ###########

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am surprised and distressed to receive correspondence from 1Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited today. Their letter pertains to require an immediate full payment of £###.## made payable to "Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited" but claims the sum due is in respect of a debt due to !X! Water Ltd. I am at a loss to discover any failure on my part, as to why I should have an outstanding debt to yourselves or any other party in regards to my water supply. I am wholly dismayed that any possible arrears would be notified to me primarily by a debt collector, with no attempt by !X! Water Ltd to ascertain any cause of action.

As Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited have indicated a possible Court action,

I request the following documents under Part 18 of the Civil Procedure Rules.

I formally request;

1) A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data and details of any automated decisions (and the logic taken to reach those automated decisions) by you about me pursuant to section 7 (1) (d) of the Data Protection Act 1998.

2) A list of third party agencies to which you, your clients or their representatives have disclosed my data and a summary of the nature of the information disclosed.

3) As I do not hold a copy of the agreement to the supply of water services to the above address, I cannot comment on the legality of !X! Water Ltd, or any other party, in the respect of "collection" or "debt recovery charges" added to an outstanding sum (disputed or otherwise). Therefore, I request a copy of any such agreement.

4) Deed or Notice of assignment as required by the Law of Property Act 1924. Which entitles Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited to collect, or enforce collection of any sums due, in their own right or to their own benefit.

Should you discover that there has been a mistake by or on behalf of !X! Water Ltd, I expect you to;

1) Comply with the legal requirements (CPR), as stated above.

2) Take the necessary steps to ensure the prompt erasure of my personal data with any other party involved.

3) Recompense me fully for my time, expense, distress and inconvenience caused by your own failure(s) or inaction(s) and additionally make a compensation payment(s) as described in your "Guaranteed Standards of Service"

I have enclosed copies of the above numbered documents for your perusal and consideration;

1Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited

I trust you will respond within 5 days.

Yours Sincerely

Bill

I should add that the remaining balance was paid monthly, along with the next years instalments.

Edited by Bill Shidding

• dx100uk changed the title to Moorcroft chasing Water debt