Vanquis...very interesting! Comments?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. What do you make of this?

My OH is now a huge CAG fan. I introduced her a while back and CAG has helped her (and myself i may add-thanks!) no end :) She often reads the many threads regarding DCAs and decided to try something...

As we always read and note on this forum-if DCAs or the OC has no valid CCA then the debt is legally unenforceable.

My OH had post a few weeks back from Vanquis asking if she wanted the CC'd-the usual application/letter. She filled in her details but did NOT sign-just to see what would happen.

Last Friday she recieved the card with a credit limit of £500! :eek:;)

This surely opens a can of worms. Have Vanquis shot themselves in the foot!!??

This being the case couldnt she use the money knowing that it could probably never be enforced as a debt?

She wont do that though (no matter how tempting!), she just wanted to see if these people would actually give her the option without signing.

What do you guys think??

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

As I understand it, if the card was issued after April 2007, then they don't need a signature to enforce the debt in court but will rely on the history of the card use and a judge would be allowed to use this in allowing enforcement.